Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

I had started trying to figure out a Lawsonia one, but then there was going to be a Duel, and then COVID…

2 Likes

lawsonia is a good shout

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind brown deer to make up for the cancelled nlu event.

4 Likes

I’m up for Lawsonia.

4 Likes

I’m all for whatever. Brown Deer is always fun, but if we can get a group to go up to Lawsonia, that would be a nice way to feel a little more like it’s summer time. @chrisisoutrunning let me know if you need anything and I will help with what I can.

2 Likes

I would like to join, but like I mentioned earlier we are at Children’s hospital with our little girl. She is out of surgery and doing pretty well, so if she’s stable and the time works I’m in. Only one of us can be with her at a time because of Covid, so I have a lot of time on my hands.

2 Likes

So the great thing about Lawsonia is that we could get a decent sized group out just about whenever, even on the weekend, if we look at least a few weeks out.

Taking into my own availability due to my wife’s every third weekend work schedule, would anyone be interested in Sat 7/18, Sun 7/19, Sat 7/25, or Sun 7/26. All of those have fairly early tee times available that would allow for 36(+) holes with the all day pass. (I could also easily be talked into using a vacation day on a Monday or Thursday if people wanted to try to find a day where there’d possibly be less non-Refugees around.)

I’ve got a vacation planned right around there, but if this bleeds later, I would drive to Lawsonia. Fer shure.

1 Like

For those of you who live in the Milwaukee area, there is a website/app called Chipper. There are different plans to chose from that include some or all county courses. Its basically a monthly membership for unlimited golf. You can chose to have unlimited cart use for an extra 50$.

Looking like I can’t make either of those weekends work. I have a family thing the first weekend and a rescheduled wedding the next. Damn it all.

By no means does this need to be planned around me, just figured I’d start by throwing out a couple of weekends.

Known far enough in advance, any weekend my wife doesn’t work, I should be available, so 8/1-2, 8/8-9, 8/22-23, or 8/29-30 could work for me as well (and obviously into September/October).

I’d love to check out The Club at Lac La Belle sometime this year as well, so if anyone decides to head out there, let me/us know.

1 Like

I’m open to a lot of weekends after that, just have to get through state am.

1 Like

I’m open most weekends too, going to NC to play golf the July 18-24, but could make anything else work. Thanks @chrisisoutrunning for starting the conversation about it, I can help out too so we can spread the responsibility.

1 Like

I think I could make any of those days work.

A couple of shots from holes #1 and #2 at La Belle. I think this course is going to regarded as one of the best in SE Wisconsin in the next few years. It will need some time to mature/grow-in before it can be judged fairly. I just can’t believe what it used to be vs what it is now.

2 Likes

Wow glad I checked this thread today. Course looking good!

1 Like

Cross post from the Michigan thread.

Not sure when this will happen (likely 2021) but wondering if anyone has some ideas of anywhere else to play along this route. I don’t really want to stop anywhere near Milwaukee metro cause that’s easy for a day trip for me anyway. No Lawsonia/Kohler either. Trying to make this trip as cheap as possible. Any local knowledge would be welcome. I’m going to try and make some #content out of this trip too

1 Like

I mean Lawsonia is a pretty cheap course for what it is. In early or late season you can walk 18 for like 40$. its well documented on this thread and the Wisconsin trips that it is a must see. I think you could stop by Washington County, which is 40 minutes outside MKE (technically not Milwaukee metro). it is a top 50 municipal course in the country and is a great “links” style course. about 40$ to play as well. Id also say the bull, but that course is not open for the foreseeable future (bankrupt) . If it opens by 2021, I think that course, near Sheboygan falls, is a great shout.

1 Like

I have plans to play Lawsonia on a separate trip this year.

2 Likes

High Cliff State Park (east of Appleton, WI) has a golf course: https://highcliffgolfandeventcenter.com/. Pretty cool area.

1 Like