Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

Yeah I just think the routing of 10 and 11 suck, down and back up such a steep hill.

Played it twice now and thought better of it after my second time around.

Diamond Hawk is either hate it or love it. Can be very penal but greens are a lot of fun.

Another reminder of our first local (to Buffalo) meetup of the year, this Thursday at 8PM here at Buffalo Golf & Social. Time to start getting that rust off, ya’ll! I saw a ton of grass at Delaware Park this weekend, it’s almost time!

2 Likes

how was the turnout last week? i was in hilton head getting the rust off, played harbour town & atlantic dunes!

4 Likes

So it was not what some of us expected but still had good time. What started out as an NLU refuge meetup turned into a general meetup for friends of the owner + Nest meetup after the owner advertised it on multiple social media site so turnout was super high. There was probably around 12-15 people and the idea of playing Sweetens was scratched for a closes to the pin contest. we local Nesters were able to meet and got to meet other local golfers and owner liked the turnout so he’s planning on doing that at least once a month. Overall, pretty pretty good.

2 Likes

Hey, congrats to @Pendo23 for winning rookie of the month!

2 Likes

Ty ty!

Heading to Dicks House of Sport in Victor tomorrow to hit the Trackman. Taking my 6 year old as well since he has the day off from school. Looking forward to dusting off the sticks for the first time since October!

3 Likes

I heard they were building another one either in Greece or Henrietta. I’ve been there a couple times. It’s nice but I’ve had bad luck with the golf workers. They act like they own the demo clubs them selves. I asked if I could rent a bay and hit demos. They said no. How am I supposed to know if I want to buy one. They of course want to do a fitting. But I know what I’m looking for I don’t need them my buddy is my fitter we just don’t have the gear lol.

Oh really? Maybe I need to read the fine print, but I just rented the Trackman bay for 30 minutes on the website. I don’t think they are expecting me to demo clubs while I am there. Or at least I hope they aren’t! If I wanted to demo clubs I could drive down the street to Club Champion.

I’ll report back tomorrow and let you know the deal.

No they won’t let you. At least I’m my experience. I wanted to. They said I could only use my own clubs.

Hello, new to all this, I’m wondering if there is a WNY roost event in the world, and if so, can I sign up? Thanks

3 Likes

No roost for us. Some of us are planning on playing events with Ohio roost or NYC roost.

Welcome! We’re hoping next year to create our own roost, probably pairing with WPA and those in the Pitt area. As Josh said, some of us are playing in other roost events but there will be for sure plans to have a more local meet up throughout the season. Where are you located?

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for the info and quick response! I’m located in buffalo, North Buffalo to be exact, play all the local tracks here

4 Likes

Nice! I moved to Buffalo in December. What are your favorite tracks around here? I’m itching to get out on once the weather begins to cooperate

1 Like

I’m heading to Charleston in two weeks but hopefully weather will cooperate by the time I’m back and we can have a nest outing

2 Likes

The Hawk says they’re aiming for next week (ya we’ll see) and I would bet Glen Oak tries to open as early as they can.

Curious whether Ironwood will sell or not before the season starts and if the new owners will try to do anything there or wait a year.

2 Likes

Let’s head out next week, man. Gotta see those Mizzy blades in action (on actual grass)

2 Likes

Saw some die hards out on Eagle Vale in Rochester today.

1 Like