Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Anyone playing today? Thinking I might try to squeeze in a walking twilight round in

Afternoon! I’m gonna be in Walla Walla/Joseph, OR for a weekish in a couple weeks and wondering if I should hit up Wine Valley for a round while we’re there. Any strong opinions?

Paging @MrVinegar206, our resident Wine Valley truther

1 Like

Yeah, what’s up?

SAY NO MORE.

DO. IT.

-Firm & Fast.
-Great mix of holes where no holes feel like another.
-Interesting green complexes, including the fun punchbowl on 7.
-The fairways are pretty wide, but that allows you to work in better angles.

I honestly have it right around my top 5, with courses like Pasatiempo, Elie, and Pacific Dunes beating it out, but that’s really good company!

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

3 Likes

I live 45 minutes from Wine Valley. It is nothing short of amazing. It is one of those courses that reminds you how fun golf can be. The views are awesome. Greens as mentioned are firm and fast. Hole #7 is my personal favorite due to its punch bowl green.

3 Likes

Awesome! thanks for the feedback. I’ll let you know how it goes when we get back. Any non golf places in the area we should hit up?

1 Like

I can’t wait until we can all play wine valley!! (And drink some wines )

2 Likes

Any strong opinions out there on Hawks Prairie Woods vs Links?

2021 NIT Qualifier Anyone?

3 Likes

Coincidentally, I like wine and golf!

2 Likes

Woodlands is a tougher test of your game. Links is just blasting driver constantly.

Must play. Might be the best collection of Par 5’s on any course in the state. And there are 5 of them.

2 Likes

My daughter’s school has a yearly tournament for a fundraiser at Tacoma Country Club and this is the first year I’m going to play in it. Can’t say I’m anything less than pumped.

1 Like

If you need a fourth…

1 Like

+1 to this take

Probably a crazy idea but I just got the urge to try and squeeze in a round somewhere today. Anyone game?

I know tee times may be a bit rough to come by but I found a 2:48 at The Home Course for $37…

That’s a bargain. Winds appear to be UP today…should be a good challenge out there!

Let us know the conditions!

@luckin11
@rabsie

Conditions were tough out there. Wind was brutal and giving me Nam flashbacks to last weekends tourney. Grinded out a 94 with one of the slowest rounds I’ve ever played coming in at 6 hours. I’ll refrain from the harsh words about a rando playing parter. Hit the ball in the shit on 17 and was rewarded with this view.

5 Likes

Strapped is the freakin’ best. Content is so, so solid.

If the boys were to make a Seattle/Portland run, what courses would you nominate?

For me, West Seattle would have to be on the list. Great elevation changes. Mega great views on the back. Awesome old school club house vibes.

They’d also have to take a ferry one day for sure. Big on infrastructure talk track there.

1 Like