Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Gold Mountain Olympic is an excellent course, easily a play there everyday type place.

Can’t comment on their membership but I’m sure there are a few perks like booking times early etc

3 Likes

It’s public play but they also offer probably the best value for memberships you can get in the area.

3 Likes

Sounds like my best bet, pumped to get out there and get involved with PNW crew!

2 Likes

I’m right up the road in Gig Harbor so hit us up when you make the move

2 Likes

Sounds awesome I definitely will. I’ll be making some scouting trips with my clubs earlier as well. Another question I have whats the golf season length like? I’m moving from NY where its Mid April to Early November.

1 Like

Year round - assuming you are ok playing in the cold. The past 2 winters have been La Nina out here so wet and cold - more frost/snow than usual.

But I just played 18 on Sunday in 43*

2 Likes

And if you aren’t a 40° and rainy type of player (I’m not), the season is generally the same as NY (early April to early November) with some wild weather days in between during the shoulder seasons. We’ve had snow and below freezing temperatures in late October, and we’ve also had 70° and sunny in late October.

1 Like

One of the best places in the state for golf. GM Olympic is awesome and GM Cascade is very good- both also among the absolute best value in the state IMO. You’ve also got Trophy Lake, which is fantastic and McCormack Woods nearby- also good but polarizing I’ll say. Plus, you’re a reasonably short drive from the Tacoma courses like Oakbrook and, of course, Chambers Bay, which is as awesome as you could possibly want.

2 Likes

If you don’t include the Eastside of the state, then yes.

2 Likes

Wait- if you include the Eastside, then Bremerton isn’t even ONE of the best places? Really? Year round golf at GM for those prices? With those other courses nearby? Okay…

Spokane has better courses for better prices, but you can’t golf there year-round.

As a non-year-round golfer, give me Spokane over Bremerton.

3 Likes

We have year round golf in the East. Playing Wine Valley on the 22nd of January. We are just built different out here. There may be a couple weeks out of the year you can’t play due to snow.

Lotta’ softness out West.

5 Likes

Yes. I’m VERY soft.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Trying to learn about golf courses in Bremerton and accidentally starting a Washington civil war

8 Likes

WELCOME TO THE PNW ROOST!

4 Likes

You didn’t start the fire. It was always burnin since the world’s been turnin…

4 Likes

Buddy… You walked into the civil war. It’s been simmering for quite a while.

2 Likes

I’m just down the road in Port Orchard. Let us know when you’re out here scouting. We need more representation for the Peninsula Crew.

2 Likes

FEBRUARY AND MARCH MEETUP INFO!!!

FEBRUARY:

• The Half-Set Hack-Off officially returns to Nile Shrine on February 25th with times starting at 9am.

• Final headcount and payment SENT TO ME must be done by the Saturday before (so, by the night of February 17th).

• Cost is $36. You can send it to @ Matthew-Essig (last 4 digits are 9234 if you need them) on Venmo or promise to hand me cash before/after the round.

MARCH:

• Gearhert Weekend is confirmed. March 25th-26th. An unoffical round/block of times begin at noon on Saturday afternoon. The official counting round will be Sunday morning with times starting at 10am. There’s a ladies club event starting at 8am or so, so we have to be after it. Didn’t think it’d be a huge issue cause some Oregon folk might make the drive that morning, and it might open up time to go to the beach and what not.

• Everyone is getting the resort discount without any requirements for a rooms block or even staying in one of the required options to get said discount. So, spouses/families coming along and staying anywhere are on the table!

• Cost is $75 per round. You can send it to @ Matthew-Essig (last 4 digits are 9234 if you need them) on Venmo or promise to hand me cash. “At 30 days prior to your date of play, we open up the tee sheet for Resort and Member play, and the number of players for your group must be secured. At that time, a deposit for 50% must be provided either by Credit Card, Cash, or Check. Inside 30 days, the number of players may be reduced by no more than 25%, and may or may not be increased, depending on other play. Final payment is due on the date of play, and must be in one form of payment. Groups play rain or shine, and may only be cancelled if the Golf Course is unplayable.”

Both signups sheets are open:

3 Likes