Roll Call: Virginia

Ah, damn. Hold up…East Potomac has heated bays? I wouldn’t have thought that

Yeah, I think probably 6 or 8 heated bays on the lower level? I haven’t used them before, but they’re pretty much the only option this week other than spending way too much money for trackman time

1 Like

Oak Marr also has a bunch of heated bays if you need an alternative. Not too far out there depending on where you live.

1 Like

Heyo. Maryland interloper here. I’m headed to Old Hickory for a scramble this Sunday 2/2. We could use a 4th. Anyone want to join us? I played their November event and had a good time. See the link below for more details. Reply here or DM if interested in joining up.

Event details here.

Planning to play Royal New Kent in Providence Forge, VA, on Saturday. High is going to be about 45. Anyone want to join? Will be driving down from DC.

https://royalnewkent.com

I wish I could, but youth basketball season means Saturdays are for the boys coaching the girls.

Please report back here with course conditions. The RACDG - Mid Atlantic is holding a meetup there in April, and any review would be great. (More on RACDG and how to join here if you are interested.)

you didn’t tell me you were playing THERE…

2 Likes

Can’t this weekend, but I just played there for the first time two weeks ago. The greens rolled sooooo good and the course was in great shape for January. Don’t forget to check out some of Strantz’s original drawings in the hallway leading towards the bar, they are so sick. Enjoy!

1 Like

If there are any Refugees who are familiar with living in the DC area (Arlington, Alexandria, whatever) and commuting into the city for work, could you shoot me a DM?

I might be moving to join you and just had a few questions.

gonna be 54 here sunday, i got to be playing somewhere. Hopefully this 2-5 inches today is more like 2

@coozapalooza I live in DC and do a reverse commute to Bethesda for work. I may be able to help answer some of your questions.

Also should have included some pics of RNK in my post. Here you go!

3 Likes

Hey guys new to the Refuge. I am the assistant golf professional at Lake Presidential in Upper Marlboro MD. Just reaching out to see if we have any big NLU fans in the Maryland/DC area. I am interested in putting together a little meet up for some NLU guys here and having a fun day of golf out here at Lake Presidential! There is a cool link to see the course with a flyover

https://www.lakepresidentialgolf.com/course_flyovers/

7 Likes

arlington/alexandria wont be too bad as you can at least ride the metro…going to be a far different experience and commuting into DC than say folks in centreville or manassas, etc would have

good luck to you, plenty of NOVA guys on here that can help you out

1 Like

The alexandria/arlington part of dc is about 30-45 minutes away from here depending on traffic.

These are great! Thanks for sharing. I’m excited to play! I’ll report back.

1 Like

Just signed up for the VSGA one day tournament/event at Hermitage Country Club in October. Any other VA Refugees register for any of these events? Anyone on here a member at Hermitage CC? May need a practice round before October lol

1 Like

I’ve been considering doing this to get some tournaments rounds under my belt, just not sure if I’d make a fool out of myself. What HCP do you play to if you don’t mind me asking? And they flight this, correct?

1 Like

I spoke with a VSGA employee about them as this is the first time I’ve heard of these events and it seems like a cool event. Basically VSGA members showing up on these days at these nice courses and playing a tournament with shotgun starts. I’m a 10.2 HCP at the moment but in reality probably like a 15 due to the lack of playing here lately. I did see some indexes of some other people signed up and some were in the 20’s so all are welcome to play. And yes, they do flight based off HCP index.

1 Like

I am friends (foaf really) with a member at Hermitage. He is a +1.7 and wins a lot of the tournaments around here. I would assume that if he plays, he is probably on the short list of favorites to win that event. I can ask him about a practice round the next time I see him if you like.

1 Like