Roll Call: Virginia

Stonewall, Westfields

Then

twin lakes or bristow manor

1 Like

Add Bull Run. I’d put it with Westfields or Stonewall, maybe between the two groupings.

thread coming later today with a lot more details…but July 24 at 1:30 I’m hosting. Def going to be under $50 for 18/cart. Curious, would it be better to just build in a small donation for the charity part or come up with an outside way?

1 Like

I think people would pay whatever to play so I’d go ahead and build it in

Also- I’m in.

1 Like

second to just building in the charity part. later you can always add birdie pot later

1 Like
1 Like

Lakeside is great! Just had the opportunity to play with Tim out there, I’ll be your neighbor across the street at Belmont! :wave:

1 Like

The Belmont Lakeside combo is going to be amazing.

2 Likes

Booked a 2:10 pm single at RNK for tomorrow, Thursday 3/11. Three spots open. I’m about a 19/20 handicap and will most likely play the white tees but no farther back than the black tees.

Here is the link.

https://www.royalnewkent.com/tee-times/

4 Likes

Jelly bro…attempting to hit all the stranz publics in 2021 but I have to wait untl mid may to see the tidewater area

1 Like

Enjoy! Hit it where you can see whenever possible! Perfect weather

1 Like

Cool little write up about the Belmont reno. Suuuper stoked for Memorial Day weekend for it to open up.

9 Likes

Just wanted to stop back in and thank everyone. We had a blast. Westfields and Bull run were fantastic and we are already planning a return trip for this summer.

I believe someone here mentioned it to me, but man was Bull Run slow. We didnt get to finish all 18 (we played 17 in the dark, and just skipped 18). The ranger was out and pushing the groups ahead, but the groups of soon to be tour pros (/s) ahead of us slowed us too much for us to finish. Definitely recommend planning on 5 hr rounds there

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s so disappointing, and there really is no reason for it. I’ve been playing out there for 20 years, and just can’t figure out why it is consistently so slow. Unless it’s the occasional walker screwing everything up, b/c there are some pretty ugly transfers.

My trip is 3 weeks out. I’ll be in the Richmond/VA Beach area the 7th-14th. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Anyone want to play RNK sometime in 4/7-4/10?

I played Bull Run on my last trip out here (2016) and I was using a set of borrowed clubs, got the shanks in the wooded part of the property, and witnessed a couple individuals drive their golf cart into the water on 18.

Also, that morning I floated the Shenandoah, drove an hour on a flat tire, switched vehicles and drove like hell to make the tee time. That was quite the day now that I think back on it.

2 Likes

So… kind of a weird one here. Next Sunday I have to run an errand in DC. Should be done by 1-2ish at the latest I’d think, and me and my buddy wanna play along the way home. Anything worth checking out that won’t break the bank off 66/81 heading south or 29 south would also work as well. My buddy is communist and hates 9 hole tracks and I nearly kicked his ass over some shit he said about sweetens, so unfortunately 9 hole tracks are out for this.

Shenvalee right off of 81 in new market would work

Sly fox is off of 66 near the 66/81 merge

Played both a few times as fun last min rounds while on the road to somewhere.

2 Likes

Old Trail isn’t far from 29. Played it in August and loved it; not sure how much time you have but Blue Mountain Brewery is only 10-15 from the course so you could hit that for post round beers and dinner.

2 Likes

South Wales off 211 near Warrenton is supposed to decent. Haven’t played it but it’s on the way School House 9

Or Greene Hills in Stanardsville @JohnP is a member there but it has public access as well. Outside of C’ville

3 Likes