Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

They still had a reserved parking spot at the WG sportsplex, right up front, for Walter up through last year.

I don’t think that is ever going to go away. Probably become a memorial.

1 Like

It makes me profoundly sad that in the last year of his life COVID prevented him from doing the thing he loved to do more than anything: be around people.

2 Likes

Won his Girls tournament a few times growing up and have his autograph on one of my old goalie sticks.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Very sad. Not just COVID, the government response to COVID.

Talked to my parents today and they were talking about the time they were on a Toronto to Phoenix flight and Walter was on the same flight.

Despite having a business class seat, Walter spent the bulk of the flight in coach, just talking to random people on the flight (and of course everyone knew who he was).

4 Likes

Out here in Winnipeg and a few courses opened yesterday, more opening tomorrow and looks like almost all courses will be open in early April. I don’t think we have ever had such an early start. Anyone else experiencing this unusual gift from the gods? Bout to head out to the range and it is 13 and sunny. I am sure there was 3 feet of snow on the ground this time last year.

3 Likes

Indeed! We have tee times booked tomorrow in Kitchener-Waterloo - not unheard of here, but still feels early. Some of our friends in Windsor played last week. Happy spring! Or is it Happy summer junior? Who could say.

3 Likes

Who can say indeed… A snow dump is still very possible but the forecast looks promising for the next two weeks.

1 Like

Seems to be the best place to post this - I figured if anyone were experts on the subject it would be our fine friends in the Duck Club!

2 Likes

Oh we know nothing about ducks.

6 Likes

Disapointed

1 Like

Cursory look says they got #1 correct - Daffy is the GOAT DUCK. But Peking duck sliding down the rankings makes me question their expertise. One of the great foodstuffs on the planet, without question.

Also, LOVE to see Howard the Duck on there. What a fucked up choice that was for Lucas, hey?

3 Likes

Peking Duck that low is criminal. And, I won’t lie - I was upset of the omission of “Ducky” from NCIS.

1 Like

Where the fuck is Duck Confit?

3 Likes

Also not impressed with the exclusion of El Pato, but considering his recent… legal troubles, I can understand it.

2 Likes

The Oregon Duck should be higher than the Mighty Ducks. And he forgot the World’s Biggest Rubber Duck.

5 Likes

I would say Halifax or St. John’s for most loved. If you can’t/don’t have a good time in those places it is on you.

2 Likes

Have been able to play a few dry holes on a local muni here in Saskatoon but we are getting dumped on tomorrow. Dont expect to hit outside again for about 7-10 days.

I’m so happy with how I’m hitting this year and absolutely love my new G410 Plus. Likely losing distance on my best hit balls compared to my F7 but the forgiveness is huge.

3 Likes

Played in Shelburne last week. Playing again today.