Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

giphy

11 Likes

Hey all, checking in from the Ottawa Valley. I’m originally from the Niagara Region, and make it down there a few times a year to run around the Parks tracks. Been lurking the NLU content for the better part of a year now and figured it was time to get in on the action.

16 Likes

Welcome to the party pal!

3 Likes

Welcome! Current GTA dweller in the process of a potential Ottawa relocation here! Nice to see a small Ottawa contingent cropping up.

2 Likes

Welcome!!

1 Like

We have an event happening in June! check it out

3 Likes

Did I just name the Netflix golf series? I guess we’ll find out.

10 Likes

What kind of odds can we get on you having named the series?

Hey all, just hoping into the 'fuge now although I’ve been deep into the NLU content for a few years. Just moved to downtown Toronto in the fall so eager to hear about any good public spots near the city. Also just found out about the tussle at Tarandowah! Been wanting to check that course out for a while so any info on that meet up would be appreciated.

6 Likes

There’s a whole thread and a website!

A few of us in the GTA as well for less formal get togethers.

4 Likes

I live in dtown TO as well. Lakeview GC at Dixie and Lakeshore is awesome public track. 15 minute drive without traffic.

6 Likes

Yeah, seems like the best option. I see that it’ll be just 9 holes until “summer '22” How have round times been in the past?

Yes they are doing some renos this winter into spring to restore portions of the course to original Thompson design and fix up some creek erosion issues. I play with a few buddies on Monday evenings – tee of around 5PM – and we rarely wait on any shot. I believe weekends are a nightmare and 5+ hour rounds are the norm. The course is not easy which does not help. Let me know if you want to join on a Monday evening – it would be great to meet up with a refuge member.

Welcome! I’m in Toronto too, and second the Lakeview recommendation.

We had a bunch of golf meetups last summer and lots more planned this year if you want to join. The more the merrier

3 Likes

Appreciate the info and invitation! I might need a tight track to get my driver to behave this summer famous last words

Sounds like some potential new Duck Club Roost recruits…

6 Likes

New Refugee here, pumped to join the community. Currently on the IR with a broken elbow so not sure when I will be golfing again, but hope to join a meet this summer! Whether or not I’m off the IR by the time the Tussle comes around remains to be seen, but it looks awesome

8 Likes

Welcome! How the F did you break your elbow? Falling off a ladder?

1 Like

Moose.

5 Likes

@scottyrp4 Not quite, but almost. Pushed on a frozen 2x4 at work standing at the only open space of the foundation as this house I was framing – fell head first. Thank god for buckets. My arm post op; I should really get the pre op x-rays.

5 Likes