Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

They also have covered range stalls for practicing in those rainy days in winter.

Very much looking forward to this and hearing about survey results. I wasn’t sure how to answer the format ones as I didn’t really know how many we would have. Already enjoying the comments since this and I don’t really know any of you yet, which is part of why this would be great.

Do we end up with a new thread to not spam the non-ON folk?

1 Like

Mike Weir!!! Everything coming up :canada::canada::canada:

9 Likes

Hey all - moved to Montreal in February for a work assignment. I’m here until August. Originally from Chicago, just a smidge over 10 handicap. Anyways, suggestions for must-play courses in Quebec? I’ve played:

-Club de Golf de l’Île de Montréal
-Quatres Domaine
-Dorval
-Club de golf Lachute
-Le cardinal

so far. Interested in getting playing partners as well if anyone is interested, Hopefully, once COVID is more under control and the provincial borders open up I can travel around Ontario or elsewhere as well. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Man, Montréal in the summer is something special. I haven’t played much in Quebec but Upper Canada and Brockville G&CC are not too far from you for a day trip. Enjoy your time in la belle province!

1 Like

A day of golf followed by dinner at vin mon lapin or the like… Jealous. I used to be in Montreal monthly for work but not so much anymore, otherwise I’d gladly join you.

We do, however, have a big Ontario meetup in June if you can make it? It’s admittedly quite far for you, but it’s going to be awesome: The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah - June 11 and 12, 2021 - Signup @ Post 59

6 Likes

Very interested. I think the question is what the Quebec-Ontario border situation is at the time. I looked in the thread and it seems like it’s a wait-and-see game in Ontario. I’ll continue to monitor the page for updates. Would love an excuse to take a Friday off and be an honorary Canuck if you’ll have me.

4 Likes

We’d love to have you, and it’ll ideally be a weekend adventure. And what’s going to happen in Ontario is surprisingly predictable. Take the logical thing and do the opposite and you’ll find yourself the premier of Ontario. He’s the buck-a-beer version of Donny Trump; he’s White Castle pretending to be McDonalds.

3 Likes

The dads with the duck club acknowledgment on the main feed. We’re big time now

18 Likes

Hell yeah. We made it.

2 Likes

Hell yeah!!!

1 Like

I responded with multiple duck emojis, they hit me with the double fist bump emojis. Guess you could say we’re getting pretty serious.

7 Likes

@Soly Thanks <3

2 Likes

You should check out Mont Tremblant too if you get a chance.

If things open up, it would be a great place for a summer getaway. Five nice courses and a ski resort village for accommodations, food and drink.

1 Like

Alberta golf restrictions changing Monday, can now only golf with your household or with two designated close contacts if you live alone. It’s not Ontario bad but yeesh

1 Like

Welp, I guess it’s time to move in to a house with my golf buddies! Bye non-golfing wife and kid! :wink:

4 Likes

Hopefully they enforce the live alone thing very loosely!

Pace of play must be ok…

Yeah we’ll see what the enforcement is like, seems hard if you’re booking a public time but might put some private courses in a tricky position. Sounds like a lot of courses are moving to 9 hole bookings only to try and fit more people each day

1 Like

I am booked for play Kananaskis next weekend - like what happens to the tee time? Who gets to keep it? This is a dumb restriction.

3 Likes