Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Going WAY off the script here… in an effort expand the golf/roost community from JUST golf and give some opportunities to hang this winter… wanted to see if anyone was interested in a “Learn to Curl” event? Creve Coeur just launched these sessions today, and depending on timing/weather we could even get an evening 9 in on the golf then curl… All would be welcome (my wife is WAY in on it)

(yes this is a larger play to update our roost to a “Golf and Curling Club”, which will continue to show the rest of the roosts a level of class and sophistication that is unparalleled)

EDIT - I’m in on the session for 9/10…

6 Likes

Did someone say curling?
fancy-gym

3 Likes

Did learn to curl classes in Tampa and was a blast. If it wasn’t 3 hours away I’d totally join.

Way in on Confluence Golf and Curling Club.

2 Likes

There’s another session on 11/26 (sat of Thx Giving). I’m a slow learner so could be convinced to go again!

1 Like

Poking my head in here to propose a CGC/2CGC Ryder Cup next summer in either Normal or Peoria.

Selfishly I lived in both places and need an excuse to go back.

8 Likes

I’m in if we can have Avanti’s cater the event

5 Likes

I would vote Normal because I believe the quality of golf is slightly higher with Weibring and the Den being great courses. Once you play Lick Creek there’s really nothing else on that level in Peoria.

3 Likes

Completely in on this idea

2 Likes

I played Metamora Fields a couple weekends ago and thought it was far and away the second-best Peoria area course. I’ve only played Weibring once, evening after an ISU event so it was pure and hard, but heard good things about Den and other courses in BloNo.

1 Like

@EConroy419 You rang? :slight_smile: I’m absolutely in on some ryder cup type shenanigans here in B-N. Weibring and The Den are both solid and different enough to be fun. Plus we have a cheap TopGolf ripoff in BloNo Pizza which is a great spot for evening post-golf. Not to mention 5 breweries in town (and growing).

3 Likes

Keg Grove Blueberry Wheat with Country Tyme Lemonade on the rim is such an addicting combo, could go for one of those right about now…

1 Like

Pls drop this info in the Chicago thread to rally the troops there!

@Jrembold - can you guys get 16 up to Bloomington for a weekend?

1 Like

I’m in! Just don’t know which side I’m in for yet…likely Team Confluence given the timing.

2 Likes

5 Likes

12?

1 Like

I’d come out of retirement for this.

The question is, do you all want a gui who loses strokes and has to chip in for par net bogey occasionally?

Also, +1 for Metamora Fields. Great track, great clubhouse.

7 Likes

Yes - assuming we have enough beverages for when we inevitably have to take cover in a storm shelter some where this time.

2 Likes

Sounds familiar…

4 Likes

Cart 44 needed to BOX BOX! for some corncob cans… very poor pit management.

2 Likes

Definitely in for this.