Roll Call: Sacramento, CA tour sauce junkies....where you at?

Anyone lookin to play a round tomorrow? May try to find a tee time somewhere

Played Cherry Island and Antelope Greens yesterday.

1 Like

Boys, I just grabbed a slot at Haggin Oaks - Alister MacKenzie course for next weds (April 29th) at 11:48am. I booked it for a 2some, I’m only playing as a single so if anyone wants to join, let me know!

1 Like

Zwigg I may be in for that. I’ll know by later tonight

1 Like

Anyone looking to play a round tomorrow? Got nothing to do during the day and down to walk 18 somewhere

Anyone have any luck getting reasonably priced tee times lately?

I haven’t had any issues with prices when I call the club houses. Booking online is a rip right now. Playing Lincoln Hills this Saturday for $60 which is pretty standard there. What places are upping their prices?

I haven’t really seen any price gouging on tee times. Played Darkhorse on Monday and it was the rack rate.

I am in downtown, all the city courses have had a jump in price. I just looked at William land and it looks like it’s getting back to normal thank goodness. The last couple weeks have been crazy to get into those courses with their dynamic pricing.

I forgot about the dynamic pricing. Good point.

Hey hey Sacramento! Some news about the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers, NorCal Chapter:

1 Like
1 Like

Myself and buddy Greg are for sure interested.

1 Like

Link to sign up sheet here:

Hey

I’m getting transferred to sac area, never been to NorCal. Work is near Rancho Cordova. I’m reading Folsom, Roseville are nice, any suggestions on a town, good golf, etc.

Thanks!

Roseville & Folsom are nice suburban areas of sac, don’t know much about the golf up in roseville but I would assume there are some solid tracks there, folsom is one town up 50 from rancho cordova tho, granite bay & el dorado hills are the “wealthy” areas

Folsom has Empire Ranch which is built right in the middle of suburban track home development area so if you don’t like stucco houses up & down every fairway you’re not gonna like it altho it’s a solid golf course (kind of links-y parkland) & is usually in really good condition

next town up 50 from folsom on the way to tahoe is el dorado hills which as far as golf goes has serrano country club (super nice neighborhood but never played there)

two towns up on 50 is placerville (where I live) this is where you start to get into the foothills/rural california & another town up is camino which has apple mountain where I play most of my golf, only 6300 yards from the tips & at altitude a bit but really narrow & in a hilly area can be really tough if you’re not familiar/are not hitting the ball well

down in sac there’s ancil hoffman (which is in carmichael right next to rancho cordova) which is a solid tree lined course but there might be too many trees & it’s narrow so if you’re not driving it well it can be hell, there’s also haggin oaks which has 2 golf courses (arcade creek & mackenzie) & a really nice golf superstore/practice area, the mackenzie course is an older alistair mackenzie design but kinda meh when you think of his name, bradshaw ranch is also a solid 9 hole par 3 course down in sac

that’s basically all my knowledge of golf in the area

2 Likes

Yep, what he said. Been spending a good bit of time in Roseville recently. Only thing I would add is it is 100% worth the hour and a half ish drive out to Yoche Dehe whenever you have a free day.

Edit to add: the greens at Empire Ranch were rolling extremely good when I played there like month and a half ago

3 Likes

Wow thanks for the info, I appreciate that very much

I was looking at Zillow (Placerville), hows the traffic to Rancho Cordova?

it’s like a half hour from where I am, depends on your definition of “traffic” but I don’t think it’s that bad, 50 gets more crowded as you go down the hill…I don’t think it really starts to get bumper to bumper until like sunrise blvd. especially around commute times