Roll call: Phoenix/Scottsdale

Phoenix Open week is an after-thought for me…what are they charging “normally”? $375?

What a deal!

Looks like if you want to play next week, it’s $237.

I mean, the renovation improved things there, but that is still not a good course. Hilarious that they’re insisting on charging more than Troon North, too.

1 Like

Phoenician is $237?! Whoa

1 Like

I’m going to have to move to rural Oklahoma just so I can afford to play golf

Again, just me sitting here counting my blessings that I got as lucky as I did with my set up / timing

Also, just sharing this with everybody…if you’d have any interest in driving up to Vegas, although it don’t come cheap

It’s just the time of the year to set 11:55pm alarms to wake up and book Phoenix City Card courses at midnight 9 days out haha.

3 Likes

I have nothing good to say about the Phoenician. Although the food was good in the restaurant. And extensive offering in the Proshop. Golf course, not so much.

Not disputing by any means, but is this pre or post reno?

Pre-reno it frankly stunk.

Post it’s OK. Not much they could do with a lot of the front nine given the residence/resort area, but it’s better than it was. Back is much better. The drivable hole up on the mountain is good and the finishing par 5 is way improved. But that still doesn’t make it any better than a middle of the road Phoenix resort course and they charge like it’s top tier.

Think I’ve only played it once since the re-do because it has gotten so stupid expensive.

3 Likes

Post Reno. Never saw it before. Maybe I’m being too tough, but there are so many better golf courses out there for a lot less money. Again, just my opinion.

Things you don’t expect to see at the Cave Creek muni…a $350,000 McLaren

3 Likes

I feel like this is a great summary of Arizona golf lol

So many people with “fuck you” money but everyone is a sucker for where you can find a game

My first round of 2022 was spent with this great bunch of “no laying uppers”. Kyle thanks for the invite and a fantastic day at the golf course.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, I look at that as this dude definitely doesn’t have fuck you money, and is nearly underwater on his car payments so he has to resort to playing the city courses because he can’t afford the Troon / TPC / Grayhawks of town haha

2 Likes

Update for anyone not following the 2/11 event thread.

We are on the books for Aguila starting at 8am for two rounds at the 9 hole course, and then we have tee times starting at 12pm for the 18 hole course.

Price is $115 per player.

If you have already signed up, please open up the google doc and confirm you are still able to attend.

Throwing a few @s in to the wild for some locals who may be interested in a one day event over a longer term thing

@sub150 @LoneStar @69kv @jimmay @jknudtson @Eariion

Unfortunately can’t committ to that date, otherwise would be very interested!!

I’m in the same boat. Wish I could, but can’t that weekend.

Out on that date.