Roll Call: Orlando, FL Golfers

Not sure about getting on through your pro but it’s worth trying. If you’re on Thousand Greens you could give that a shot too.

Thanks, hadn’t looked at Thousand Greens before.

I’m a big fan of Falcons Fire, last time I played it was in pretty good shape.

I’m down to play somewhere when you’re in town.

Hey Guys, joining the convo here as a resident of Maitland, about a 10 min drive from WP9. I mostly play there and in a Wed evening league at Dubs (@djpie give it another shot!) Anyway, I saw someone recommend Red Tail… a great track indeed, but I played there about two weeks ago and 90% of their greens were lost. I would avoid, especially since they didn’t offer any breaks on green fees.

4 Likes

cc: @fastball811 looks like you’re off the hook for Redtail.

What about Eagle Dunes or Black Bear?

I was gonna go out and meet a buddy at Redtail this weekend. So gonna have to change the plans.

@Shankcity sorry, I haven’t played either one, nor heard anything about them regarding conditions.

I am going to the Orlando area end of the month. I have booked Celebration, and am looking at maybe playing Falcons Fire as well. I may have time for another 18 (3 total rounds), anybody have any other recommendations of places to hit? $100 or less would be preferred.

FYI, I am not great (usually 90-95) and am going with my dad who is also not very good.

Eagle Creek on the way back to the airport was always a fun track. Definitely on the fun lost foe higher handicaps. Its been a few years so I have no idea what kind of shape its in.

1 Like

Playing in the Friday night skins game tomorrow at WP9. Any refugees playing?

@DurtBoone Eagle Creek was in fine shape last weekend, greens were plush but not real quick. It’s very wide so can be fun for bogey golfers. North Shore is also in that area and is fun, may be a bit more challenging. Southern Dunes is a little southwest, but is a very nice course, but would be the most challenging of those 3.

I live in Deland and would not recommend Victoria Hills. They need a little TLC and the Tee Boxes and Greens leave a lot to be desired. Black Bear and RedTail are fun tracks. The first time you play RedTail you probably will not like it because the unseen waste areas that come into play after you pass the 150. Especially on 1, do not hit driver, there is a gigantic waste area that starts 130 yards out from the green you can not see from the box.

Good to know. @Kev-E-Smith said the greens at Redtail weren’t in great shape right now, anything you can report on Black Bear or Eagle Dunes?

Hey everyone! I will be down in Orlando for a trip to Disney World with my wife and her friends towards the end of April. Looking to play some golf in the mornings on Saturday the 24th, Tuesday the 27th, and Wednesday the 28th. I know two of those are during the week but figured I’d send an open invitation to any fellow nesticles in the area to see if anyone wanted to play some #golf. I’m down to play courses at Disney World or local places and I can set up any tee times for us. I’m a high handicap but I play fast and would love to play with any fellow refugees who are interested! Just reply back and I can message you or you can just message me and we can arrange something.

2 Likes

First thing I’d recommend to get your park reservations ASAP for Disney, they are all sold out for the next two weeks.

3 Likes

Yeah they’re definitely selling out quick. Luckily my wife loves Disney so she booked everything awhile back and got us reservations for the parks. Now I’m just planning golf rounds because I can’t do all day in the parks multiple days in a row, gotta have some golf breaks in there.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t make it for golf, but if you want some killer dinner recommendations both in and out of the parks shoot me a dm.

1 Like

Hi folks,
I will be in Orlando the week of June 13-19. Staying down around Mystic Dunes/Disney area Wondering what the better options are around the area for a casual round.
Also wondering if it is possible to get on to Bay Hill without staying at the resort, this was my first professional tournament I attended and is a bucket list course for me! If there is a plug I would be eternally grateful!
Thanks!

only if you know a member, which let me know and I’m there. otherwise you have to stay on-site

Played Victoria last Saturday.

Great layout and tricky course, but man does it need some love. Don’t understand how a course like that can’t maintain?