Roll Call: Oregon

Well I’m a single dude with very little obligations, so I can let y’all kind of dictate when would be best to play.

I don’t mind doing some legwork if we can nail down some dates.

2 Likes

Let’s just do a poll of Saturdays in February. You can pick up to 3.

• 2/5
  • 2/12 (Valentines weekend)
  • 2/19 (Presidents Day weekend - if that’s even a thing)
  • 2/26
  • None - those all suck for me

0 voters

Welp, turns out 2/5 would be best for me (of course) and then the only other day that hasn’t been shut down is 2/19.

1 Like

I’m out of town Presidents’ Day weekend but I’m very available 2/5 so works for me.

1 Like

Anyone want to play tomorrow am? My schedule opened up.

I haven’t played in a month so I have no idea what it’ll look like but I’m interested. Have clubs will drive.

I haven’t played since October so you’re way ahead. 9am at Creekside Golf Club in Salem if you are game @topflitetopper.

1 Like

I’m there man. I’ll be in the Honda Ridgeline that can only be described as “very used”.

1 Like

Howdy Friends.

The lady and I are going to be in Eugene for a couple days for a trip. Looking for suggestions on areas/places to stay, places to eat, and anything super cool and unique that we must do in the area.
Probably no golf on the trip sadly, looking at the April/May timeframe.

Feel Free to DM me to keep your Rollcall clean

Metropol Bakery is a must stop for my wife and I everytime we pass through. Chocolate croissant is a must.

1 Like

Eugene local here. This is the viewpoint of a 28 year old who came for college and never really left. so ymmv.

Places to stay span from Inn at the 5th which is pretty posh to your standard hotels. The airbnb/vrbo scene has actually gotten pretty great as well. Watch what area you do stay in because it can get sketchy (aka don’t stay in the Whit).

Do not miss Purlieu. Great cocktail program with French bistro inspired sharables.
Beppe and Gianni’s for some homemade pasta and a large selection of Italian wines.

Brewery scene is obviously excellent. Ninkasi, Oakshire, and Hop Valley are all within walking distance of each other. Hop Valley has great pub fare.

Go to Wandering Goat for the strongest Ethiopian pour over of your life. Delicious stuff.

Honestly too many outdoorsy things to recommend so that’s just worth a google.

If you can squeeze an E9 give me a holler. Dan Hixson is just finishing redoing the greens and bunkering at my local muni.

3 Likes

Hey y’all –

I’m coming out to Portland for a wedding 3/31-4/3. I’ll be out on the coast the night of the 31st and then have a gap in the proceedings on 4/1. I’m hoping to squeeze in a round that Friday morning before heading back to Portland (but would also be open to playing somewhere closer to the city). Was thinking about playing Gearhart since it’s close to where I’ll be staying. Anybody interested in trying to put a foursome together out there? Or if someone has a better course suggestion, I’d be open to that. Would love to play with some fellow refugees.

2 Likes

Saudi Arabia-backed professional golf league plans a 54-hole tournament July 1-3 in Portland - oregonlive.com

Pumpkin Ridge members today discovered that their rates are going up, renovations leading up the tournament, 8 days of no course during the tournament, and the club is now in bed with the Saudis. Fun times! pic.twitter.com/j6yOe0i0wY

— No Laying Up (@NoLayingUp) March 16, 2022

Would love to hear how our strong Pumpkin contingent feels about this?

Can’t ever see myself playing there again.

1 Like

I guess being completely irrelevant and way overpriced are enough in common for them to get in bed together

1 Like

I wonder what @Geaugolf has to say about this, being an OG member.

1 Like

GeauGolf has a lot to say on the matter and none of it is any good. I have yet to meet a member who supports this. And we didn’t find out about it until the moment it was released by Greg Norman‘s group. They managed to time the email to the membership at the same time. And of course they’re going to shut the course down for eight days as they make a composite course of the two courses at pumpkin Ridge. Closing the courses during the best time of the year for us. And, in the same email announcing a dues increase.

6 Likes

Truly a bummer. Rough to think that instead of spending 4th of July week relaxing at your club you will have to hit the road if you want to play. Also a really tough downgrade from the Korn Ferry finals to this.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s pretty pathetic. And then on a relatively short season we have half of it that will be basically lost as they prep for the tournament and then close it entirely. And frankly I’m not terribly impressed with anything that has to do with the Saudi government or the Saudi people. Their track record on human rights is abysmal and it’s pretty much the culture. And as a woman I take that personally

4 Likes

yes Prime Time in Oregon for golf, super long days, yet we still golf year round