Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

What date are you specifically talking about?

I’ve got the morning of May 1st to experience Lincoln golf. Thanks to all who have given input

Catching up and the amount of S&N references is “wonderful”. Me likey.

5 Likes

Played 18 yesterday in shorts and short sleeves; it is snowing today. I hate that I still live this far north.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, it’ll be 70 again this weekend. This state’s weather is stupid

1 Like

Hello! I know there was some interest in here in doing a matchplay qualifying series for the Midwest "Ope"in NLU event that is happening in Augusta at Lawsonia Golf Links in Wisconsin! Thank you to @anon24718094 and @Mwilhelm10 for helping getting things going. They gave me permission to make a spreadsheet to gather names and interest for those who would want to rep the Good Life in that awful badger state.
Over here on our right here is the link for the signup sheet I made to put your interest and availability to do some matches.

Here is the link for the Midwest "Ope"in in case you aren’t familiar with what I’m talking about.

Thanks all! Hope to see everyone out on the course soon as we’re through 2nd winter!

Edit: I am an idiot (@jefranks30) and just unlocked the sheet

6 Likes

Coming through Omaha Sunday 4/25/21. Looking for a Sherpa at Quarry Oaks. If I can join up with some locals it would be a delight.

2 Likes

I am unfortunately gonna be in kc this weekend or i would be more than happy to join you. I’m sure there’s someone here who would be happy to join

1 Like

Bummer, can’t this weekend either. Looks like you’re getting some winds out there! It’s a fun track, enjoy!

2 Likes

Anyone want to play in Lincoln this weekend?

I’ve got the day off work on Monday and was wondering if anyone was looking for a game. I was planning on just walking on but I figured I would check here and see if anyone wants to meet up. Top contenders are Goodman, Benson or River Wilds right now but I’ll go anywhere.

Last minute, i have a 9 hole 5:34 time at Indian creek if anyone wants to join!

Beatrice CC is an AWESOME golf course.
Beatrice CC is NOT FUN in 25+ mph winds :skull_and_crossbones:

7 Likes

In high school our district qualifier was there, which was also shortly before a US Open local qualifier. 4 inch rough, firm fast greens, not great HS plays = long rounds and high scores.

US Open Local is there again this Monday. The greens were firm/fast, and the wind was WILD: 360-yard hybrids down and 125-yard 7i into. I love that course, but it was mentally and physically exhausting.

3 Likes

The league I play in starts tonight and I’m really happy to knocks on wood not play in 20-30 mph winds. Every round I’ve played this year has been is some strong winds.

I swear we played 36 holes on Saturday.

1 Like

I’ll let you know how it compares for US Open locals, gonna be shaking the rust off the bib

1 Like

Gonna bump this one more time. Would like to have matches rolling by the end of the month. Get signed up for a chance to qualify!

2 Likes

Inspired by the How Much is Too Much thread, I made a 12:15 tee time at Benson on Friday. 2 spots open, let me know if you’d like to join. Would love to fill it with some NLU guis! https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/how-much-is-too-much/51277

4 Likes