Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Its an okay course, probably not worth the drive from OKC or Tulsa. Maxwell only designed one of the 9s, and you’d have a hard time guessing which one.

1 Like

I’ve got three tee times booked next Friday starting at 9:30 at Lincoln Park West. Looking forward to seeing everyone there

3 Likes

If anyone wants to play tmw. Lincoln West 0922. All of my group just dropped out on me so have 3 open spots!

Howdy all. Live in NW OKC. Try to play most weekends, occasionally during the week across the munis. Only been playing a few years so a relatively high handicap but getting better. Known to crack a beverage after a duff, and in general enjoy getting outdoors. Originally from Dallas, moved to OKC a few years back, and most folks I know around town don’t play as much as I’d like. Eric invited me over here and playing with him tomorrow at Lincoln West.

Courses I’ve played around here that come to mind:

Oklahoma City Golf & Country, The Greens, earlywine x2, Hefner x2, Lincoln x2, Trosper, Crimson Creek, and WinStar.

Typically ride, but going to start walking courses in the near future.

3 Likes

Looks like Buffalo Rock is going to be undergoing a bit of a facelift. Stoked to see my home track get some much needed TLC.

2 Likes

Colton caddied for Tom Coyne when I played with him on Sunday and we ate dinner together afterwards. Interesting dude. He has a wealth of knowledge about golf courses and architecture and I am interested to see if he carves out a niche for himself doing this kind of work.

1 Like

Hey Dad! I haven’t played that many courses around OK, but I have got out to Roman Nose and agree that it’s crazy! I had a blast, but can definitely see how some people would absolutely hate it. If you aren’t hitting it well off the tee, you’re going to have a long day. I can’t wait to have another go at the volcano hole (think it was 10 or 11). I also need some aiming help on 18. I thought I bombed one down the middle and never found it. Assume it kept rolling left. Again, the most interesting course I’ve played around here. Not sure I’d want it to be my daily course, but it was a nice break from the monotony of Hefner, Lincoln and Earlywine.

1 Like

I completely agree, I think Roman Nose should be appreciated more then it is. Playing those 3 munis all the time can get old. Roman Nose is a CIRCUS.

Please tell me you have taken part in one of their Monday specials… where you pay $20 and can play all day long… best deal in golf.

But yes, that place can get hard… I consider myself a decent golf (currently a senior on my college golf team) and if I’m not hitting it good and play everything as a later hazard I could shoot high 80s EASILY.

1 Like

Haha didn’t know about that special! I played on a weekday, with a cart, and I was shocked when he told me the total. Couldn’t have been more than $30.

My handicap index is 2.2 and I shot five over out there with two birdies on a day that my swing was on. I can see high 80’s easily as well out there. I tripled 10 with no penalty strokes.

What school do you play for?

1 Like

This hole cracked me up.

oh you gotta do the Monday deal, one time we had a 4some out there and played from sun up to sun down.

I play for a small private school in southern KS called Southwestern College

and yes, hole 11 is NUTS, also number 4 MIGHT be the hardest hole in Oklahoma.

1 Like

Shoutout Winfield

1 Like

“Losefield”

Haha that’s great. I def need to get my regular guys out there as they haven’t played it.

I’m very familiar with Southwestern. I grew up in Wichita and played for Cowley County in Arkansas City. Have played Quail Ridge and Winfield CC a number of times.

Looking forward to getting out and playing with you next summer when you’re back from school.

1 Like

Spent entirely too much time playing high school basketball and football in Ark City and Winfield. Can’t imagine either of them have changed much since the early 2000s

2 Likes

What high school did you go to?

Newton. 2003.
Go Railers.

1 Like

Campus '01

1 Like

That sounds great to me.

But absolutely love how Winfield CC is.
It is such a good golf community at that club, they welcome all of us college losers like we are members along with them.

What do you think of those two tracks here in Winfield?

Also, since you’re from Wichita, we have probably played lots of the same tracks.
Here’s my Kansas courses.
Quail Ridge
Winfield CC
Cottonwood
Terradyne
Wellington
Eagle Bend
The Deuce
The National
Crestview
Hesston
Sand Creek Station
Buffalo Dunes
Salina CC

I get the privilege to play Prairie Dunes in one of my last college tournaments ever later this spring. Can’t freaking wait.

1 Like

well. we now have this restaurant called ‘Shin Digs’. Pretty much the highlight of the town. Also C&B Liquor. our 2nd home (coldest Naturdays in town)