Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Just a word of warning, I have heard they have changed some things out at Jimmie Austin and it is not really open for public play any longer.

That being said, I hope that this info is incorrect - but in the case that it is not, perhaps someone here could assist!

1 Like

I just looked at their website and tried to book a tee time. Either they’re swamped, which could be the case, or they’re not letting average Joes like me on the course anymore.

1 Like

Generally, non-members can book 3 days out. @OliveLoaf confirm?

2 Likes

They say they take bookings 7 days out for the gen pop. But, I’ve been told no so many times I’ve really stopped trying. The suspicion is that they limit the # of public slots.

The 3-day booking rule is part of the deal for the faculty ‘limited’ membership package (which I am considering for 2023). I assume this means a faculty member can book those member tee times.

1 Like

Bumping this for anyone that has not seen this in the Supercell merch thread. Orders close this Friday, April 8th.

Happy to announce two Supercell/Refuge meet ups sponsored by the You’re Still Out podcast. Thanks to @OliveLoaf and the Cell Fathers for giving us the opportunity. Everyone on the Supercell email list should have received an info email. Check your junk mail if not. You can also access it below. Looking forward to a great week in Tulsa!

https://mailchi.mp/7bba97138550/supercell-pga-week-meet-ups

8 Likes

Someone in here must be hiding, found this guy on the 12th hole at Hillcrest today. Show yourself!

7 Likes

Listen, me and @jsmoove may or may not have been up there at the end of March.

5 Likes

4 Likes

@tjosu are you a member up there??

2 Likes

Alright everyone in @TheSupercell and @ARoeder who ordered a Dusty hat (or multiples). Order was placed thru Imperial this morning. Order 20 of the performance hats, 6 tour visors and 9 ropes. I ordered an extra 2 performance hats and ordered a visor for myself that I will probably never wear due to a severe lack of flowing, luxurious locks.

To all who have sent payments via Venmo & PayPal, thank you for being on top of the game. If you haven’t paid yet, please do so soon. My wallet will thank you for it.

I will keep everyone updated on shipping and when y’all can expect to receive you hats.

Enjoy the rest of Masters weekend y’all.

-HoselRocketeer

PS, I have a wild story for everyone regarding the par 3 get together during PGA week and what almost happened to our reservation. Kudos to Austin and Joe at LaFortune for being incredibly stand up individuals that I’ve known for a long time (this will make sense later).

12 Likes

I am, live up here and I’m out there quite often. Have you played up here much?

1 Like

PM sent. Lets tee it up at Dornick if you’re available

In for the par 3 event! Unfortunately I’m on a marshal shift saturday morning, otherwise would be all over the GCO outing, never been there.

During PGA week I’m wide open tues & thurs, and afternoons fri & sat. Anyone wants to tee it up, just say where and when.

2 Likes

The Ham & Egg, a 2 man best ball tourney, is upon us. If you haven’t registered yet, now is the perfect time!

Date: April 23rd, 2022

Time: 10:04 am , 1st tee time

Course: FireLake Golf Course, Shawnee, OK

Entry Fee: $15/person, Venmo @chasepull with Ham & Egg

Deadline: April 13

We will set up the optional Skins buy-in after registration has closed, with a $200 guarantee.

Your tournament handicap will be based off of 85% of your official handicap. (Updated handicaps due by 4/19)

** If you don’t have a partner and need us to pair you with someone let us know and we will get you taken care of **

questions, comments, concerns - email us at gungatour@gmail.com

Cheers!

3 Likes

@HoselRocketeer thought this was funny after hearing your story.

5 Likes

Lololololololololol. $500/team?!?!? What a grift.

4 Likes

Anyone in Tulsa playing in, or interested in, the LaFortune Men’s Golf Association this season? First tourney is this Saturday.

I always enjoyed LMGA, but with the move out to TCC and the 9-month old at home I’m not going to be able to join this year.

Fun LMGA fact: I won my flight in the first event in 2019 and then tore my ACL the very next day…I can’t remember if I ever claimed my pro shop credit, or not…

1 Like

Sounds like YSO undervalued things…

4 Likes