Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Looking for suggestions on public golf in and around Columbus. I know very little about the Eastside or Southside… I seem to playing the same courses in Marysville, Delaware County all the time so I would love some suggestions. Sadly I have only played one Columbus Metro Parks Course (Blacklick Woods), so I am not sure if I should start there. I have the advantage of being able to play during the week a lot, so it helps from courses being too crowded. Any and all suggestions welcome, I would like to diversify where I play this summer.

I get the pleasure of Coaching 7 year olds playing soccer over the next 5 weeks…so Saturday travel won’t happen.

Captured the white whale today.

11 Likes

Did not waste any time pinning that on the wall did ya?

I wish I would have captured the smile and reaction to the girl driving up and giving you it. I haven’t seen anyone over the age of 10 that giddy in maybe forever.

5 Likes

What a get! I would pay unreasonable amounts of money for that

1 Like

How’s sleepy looking/playing?

2 Likes

Prime. I wish they took at 2-3 more trees at 14 but all in all the course was in really good shape. If they get the greens going too fast this summer there literally will be 0 pinable locations on 9 greens.

8 Likes

It was awesome. A few tee boxes were a little rough but you would never guess it’s the middle of April with the condition it’s in.

2 Likes

Good to run into @blackhammer at Stone House today. Beautiful course, tons of blind shots and elevation changes. Virginia isn’t just for lovers, it’s for us sickos as well.

6 Likes

Southside - Groveport (old country club that’s pretty well maintained, greens are very small, so is a true iron striking test), Split Rock (country course with some good holes, some asinine ones - looking at you #7), Mentel (city course that’s similar to the others, fine, not great, tough par 3s on front, easy on back)

Eastside - Champions (my favorite city course, #8 is my favorite short par 4 in the city), Turnberry (city course when you can spray it everywhere and be fine), stretching a little, but Denison is technically east and is a gem.

2 Likes

The OCD in me really wants to come over with a level and a yard stick to get these left aligned like a word doc.

5 Likes

They started out that way, but the problem is they are all slightly different sizes. I have tried my best to make the spacing between them all the same at least.

2 Likes

No judgement here I’m jealous. How’d you acquire the fox?

3 Likes

2 years of begging someone every single weekend I played sleepy until I finally found a maintenance person willing to snag one out of the shed for me.

5 Likes

You’d think they’d sell them, but what do we know? We’re just a bunch of guys with disposable income earmarked for just such things.

2 Likes

I talked to the pro last year so many times about it I am sort of surprised they didn’t order any for this season to sell. This flag was definitely the hardest get of any of them so far. Legit probably asked around 30 different times/people over the last two years.

3 Likes

Holed out from about 40 back in the middle of the fairway to end the day with eagle 3. Can’t beat that.

9 Likes

SICK SICK SICK!

1 Like

I was on the patio where this picture was taken but was not paying attention lol. Strantz fuckin rules

2 Likes

Also, free ad for mygolfvacation.com for a Williamsburg, VA trip. Extremely reasonable. Happy to get specific publicly or via dm

1 Like