Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Whoa whoa whoa. @OTPLefty started it, I’m just following his lead.

Not saying just saying.

2 Likes

Once the roost thread gets started we will be good. I got a message about that thread yesterday and submitted everyone’s names to have access.

3 Likes

What about oatw.roost? or oatw.rst?

1 Like

Just a bad attempt at an “OK boomer”-adjacent joke.

3 Likes

Are you going to do a separate “No Findlaying Up” Google sheet to sign up for that event?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Genoa, OH here

1 Like

May 14th - Findlay - fuckers.

19 Likes

Sigh. Decisions…

1 Like

just saying, no one’s stopping you from playing in all events

4 Likes

Well I signed up and didnt get to play last year, and being the Kentucky guy 'round here, i have to hit central to southern Ohio events as best as I can. Just have that TWGS thing I’d like to do that same weekend. Still in Ohio…I lean Findlay right now, but will have to see if I even get to do any of them with kids sports schedules anyway.

2 Likes

Just a random post Dayton resident here not a club member so I try and play different courses as much as I can here’s a list of some I’ve played stars are my favorite.

Community golf course, Kettering Ohio, they have two 18 hole courses hills and dales the outside courses is the tougher and longer of the two, not a bad track pace of play is enforced.

*Snowhill country club, new Vienna, Ohio great course open to the public very clean and great price.

*Stillwater Golf course, Bradford Ohio, very well kept not a very long course but I try and play it a few times every year just a nice place.

Twin base golf course, Fairborn Ohio, this is one of the base courses but open to everyone, not bad but not the best, try to play when it hasn’t rained alot the back 9 gets swampy.

*Beaver Creek golf club, beavercreek Ohio, almost country club level conditions always well maintained can be hard to find early tee times though.

Pipestone golf course, miamisburg Ohio, this is a very well maintained course, and challenging, they do not enforce pace of play and let groups out even when the tee times are all booked up can turn into a 6hr round quickly.

Jamaica run golf course, Germantown Ohio, it’s a farm track but has some good holes pace of play is usually pretty good and it’s only 25 for 18.

Heatherwoode golf course, Centerville Ohio, very clean well maintained nice course to play. They have atv golf carts you can rent to change it up a bit.

Homestead golf course, Tipp City Ohio, nice course not to pricey, haven’t played there alot but was well maintained when I did.

Sugar Isle golf course, new Carlisle Ohio, love this course even though it’s not always the best looking fun course to play with some nice holes, don’t wanna play if it’s been raining alot

5 Likes

!!! Stay tuned to this page. @smithburger and I have an Ohio based announcement on it’s way. !!!

5 Likes

Come one! Come all! Announcing Ohio’s Matchplay Tournament!

THE Ohio State Match Play I
Ohio Roost Match Play Tournament

The first annual Ohio Roost statewide match play tournament. The finalist of the match play tournament will play in a special match at a location TBD.

Entry fee is $10 per person to cover some costs. Any excess monies will go to charity. venmo = @golf4miami if you want to confirm via last 4, feel free to DM me.

SIGN UP SHEET: Flocking to Columbus: Ohio Matchplay Championship - Google Sheets

Details:
• 64 Players
• 6 Rounds
• 18 Hole Handicaped Match Play. (The lower handicapper plays as zero and the higher capper plays off of that number.)
• Higher handicap player picks the course.
• The semi-finals will be a Home and Home match.
• The finals will be held at Denison Golf Course during the Ohio Roost Championship.
• You do not need to be a nest or roost member to play however if we have too many interested, we may bump less active refuges for nest and roost members. Otherwise first come first serve.
• If we don’t get 64 players we will still play but have a smaller, shorter bracket.

Pod/Group Round (Ending May 14th)
For the first round we will create pods of 4 players. We will do our best to get 4 players that are geographically close to each other. You will be responsible for playing the other 3 people in your pod. The top two players move on. Every person signing up will be guaranteed at least 3 matches. We will be using World Cup scoring. 3 points for a win. 1 point for a tie. 0 points for a loss. The last day for the matches will be May 14th which is the No-Findlaying up event. So you will be able to play your match there if you are both available.

Elimination Rounds of 32, 16, and 8 (Dates TBD)
You will be playing against one other person. The higher handicap player picks the course. The lower handicap player can veto one choice. This is a true don’t be a scumbag situation. Be reasonable. You will be responsible for getting the round in, in time with the person you are playing against.

Semifinals (Dates TBD)
The semi-finals will be a home and home 36 hole match play. Each player picks a course.

Finals
The plan for the Final is to host it at a grand (hopefully neutral) venue to give it the full gravitas that it deserves. Date and location TBD and will be announced ASAP.

MISC
This is a very compact schedule with a lot of players. We would ask that anyone that signs up follow through and be respectful of everyone else’s time. Ohio is a geographically big state, and we will do our best to match up players with those closest to them within reason.

You must pay before you are added to the bracket.

If you can’t play your match the other person will move on. If you both can’t play your match for whatever reason we will do a coin toss to see who moves on. You have to make a reasonable effort to play your match to have a coin toss.

19 Likes

Let’s go! Payment sent

2 Likes

In! Let’s go!

2 Likes

This is sick!

1 Like