Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Damn, man! Sorry about your back. Hopefully, recovery goes as well as it can!

7 Likes

I was just 3 weeks away from driving again after my first one in April. Looks like I’m gonna go an entire year without driving.

I hope everything goes well this time and your back gets back to good.

4 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that man. I hope your recovery goes well and you’re playing again (or hitting balls at least) soon.

3 Likes

Hopeful for the speediest of recoveries for you! Very sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

I appreciate all the well wishes.

3 Likes

WhVv5P

9 Likes

I played there Monday and even after a good deal of rain mid-round, it played fairly fast. They don’t appear to have had the tree removal program that Canterbury did, but it was an enjoyable round. I like it better than Sand Ridge and up there with the others you mentioned.

The worst part about sleepy is that the first hole is just so easy. Basically always start off with a birdie or par at worst and then just eject on 2 and 3 and ask myself why I’m +3 thru 3.

2 Likes

Ohio girls golf goes through New Albany and then maybe OSU and Kent if they’re lucky

1 Like

I vow to play 2 and 3 well one day. I always hit a good drive one 3 too and seem to screw it up. It’s possibly the most forgiving driving hole on the course but man that approach is never easy.

2 on the other hand…shudders. Last two times I’ve played I’ve hit my ball in the junk :frowning:

1 Like

I think the opposite, and its just gotta be the way it fits my eye (or doesn’t) but I vehemently HATE the drive on #3. I’ve been against the trees on the right and on a downslope in the rough on the left last two times. Never even sniffed the fairway.

2 Likes

One of my few eagles over the last couple years was on #1 at Sleepy. Think I was +2 after 3.

Lefty with a left miss here, I’ve bounced off the damn cart path by the green on 1 at Sleepy so many times.

Always with a side hill lie in the left rough 200+ out from the green on 3.

Planning to play there Sunday at 8a, maybe this time will be different! (It will not)

@Canes525 sorry to hear that man I hope you’re back in action in the Spring but mostly that you’re ok

3 Likes

Woof. You must love 15 at Manakiki.

Yes and 12 at Brookledge lol

1 Like

Morning 9 at Sweetbrier this morning and I want to warn you that the mosquitos were absolutely bucking. For those in the area don’t forget the bug spray. Stay safe out there.

How was the course? I haven’t been on Sweetbriar (non-Legacy) in like 2 years and I know they got thrashed by the storm last week.

1 Like

Does anyone in the Dayton area want to try and get out this weekend? My schedule cleared up, but I don’t have a tee time. Figured it didn’t hurt putting it out there.

It’s Sweetbriar. Greens are actually pretty good and were freshly cut today but they never break at all. Fairways are really scruffy and there’s some rough/wet patches. Only 9 holes at the moment due to the storm so the current routing is 1-4 then from 7-9 and you finish with 10 and 18. Makes it a much bigger challenge having the 3 hardest holes in one 9. I play well there because it’s both easy and was my high school course but it could get really frustrating with overhanging trees and your eyes tricking you on the greens.