Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Table on the porch out back for everybody finishing up if you want a post round drink and or meal

Sorry I had to bail without grabbing beers (wife needed me home by 3 to load a piece of furniture up). Let me know if I need to Venmo anyone for bets! It was a great time!

1 Like

Phenomenal time out at Deer Ridge this morning. Greens are so tough, especially if you are above the hole. 40/40 with 1 birdie. 3 putting the last 2 holes chapped my ass but other then those donk putts, solid round. Nice playing with @Gary and @blackhammer

8 Likes

Good Playing and meeting you all today. I’m definitely in for any future meet ups.

6 Likes

Really good getting to meet everyone yesterday at Deer Ridge.

Before we teed off the starter asked me “What’s going on? You guys act like you don’t know each other.” Hopefully, that initial awkwardness will wear off as we do this more often.

1 Like

Is anyone else signed up to play in this? Looks like a good event, as long as the weather cooperates.

It says “No professionals” so, I’m out.

The Ohio Spring Cleaning thread officially has a signup

What is this spring cleaning?

The greatest Spring timed NLU event in Ohio history that hasn’t taken place yet.

2 Likes

Thank you! Somehow I’ve missed this

No worries. Thanks for inquiring about it

New to the refuge but in downtown(Ohio State) Columbus with a father whose a member at the country club of muirfield

7 Likes

I’m hopefully in for spring training! A lot depends on timing because of some family stuff but I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off the season!

Welcome. Do you mostly play at your dad’s club?

2 Likes

When I have time to golf yeah. As a junior member it is free to walk the course and I love that since it’s a nice Nicklaus course

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Welcome to the refuge!

2 Likes

Welcome! Had some fun playing TCC in college with some guis that had parents has members.

2 Likes

It’s a solid course, I used to play it a lot when I was younger, favorite hole was 5, short par 4. Got caught drinking in HS on 8 green by the cops with a bunch of friends one summer night.

3 Likes

notshocked.gif

2 Likes