Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Need to confirm a family event with the partner but if it is not Sunday, will be there.

I know it’s a bit last minute, I’d normally have done it back when I first asked but didn’t want to crowd the SLS II. There wasn’t a fee to book the tee times so can always scale it down if Sunday into football rules people out. Earlier is also available (more like 8-8:40) if that would be better. Or happy to still coordinate or pass the baton for 10/17 weekend, I’ll be out of town then

1 Like

I’m in.

1 Like

I’ll be in NC or I’d be there.

Ah shit that’s the Pinehurst thing right? Still mad I totally missed the lottery for that back in June. Enjoy!! I’ve got a beer for you at the next one then

1 Like

I won’t be at the actual Donnybrook. My annual trip just happens to be the same weekend, just a bonus to get some beers with people.

Add your info to the Google Sheet when you get a chance. Looking forward to meeting you!

1 Like

Can’t do it since fam will be in town but everybody have fun!

1 Like

Play in the quota game. If you’ve never played Deer Ridge, it’s really good.

FYI I’m still down to play if it winds up as just 3 or 4 of us - not my best scheduling showing haha. I’ll probably cancel any spare tee times Wednesday (for anybody deciding)

2 Likes

Hopefully some more people will want to play. Should be the perfect time to play it.

I’m in for Sunday the 11th at Deer Ridge. Have only played the front 9 but I hear the back is a whole other world from the mountain golf on the front. Very much looking forward to it! Will input my info on the spreadsheet.

3 Likes

Anyone played Columbus Country Club recently?

I know someone that played it with Randy day before the Dennison event. Said it was nice.

3 Likes

held the Ohio am there this year. One of my buddies played in it and said the course was real good

I asked one of my friends if he wanted to play at Deer Ridge. He’s gonna get back to me.

Yeah, the course was great. After about the fourth hole my head wasn’t in it at all due to some people messing with my daughter, so I played the last 14 or so holes in a daze and completely distracted. Played with a member, and he was open about telling us about the history and such. The course was in great shape, the greens were perfect, and the architecture has stood the test of time. A good golf course that asks you to hit good shots and rewards them. A little local knowledge is helpful (as it is anywhere), particularly to know where the steeper slopes are on some of the greens so you don’t leave yourself a three-foot-breaking eight-footer.

Thank you for the replies. @Randy and @MerchCzar playing some high end golf eh? :slight_smile: More power to 'em. They’re still #Strapped at heart, no? :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll play the 11th. Put my info on the sheet.

3 Likes

I should know by Tuesday if I can make it or not.

2 Likes

So here’s this…trying to get it off the ground so I can start working on a date.

2 Likes