Roll Call: North Carolina

Yea I walk most of my rounds, I walked at Tanglewood and enjoyed the walk. It is more hilly than the sandhills but not too different than a lot of Raleigh courses.

But the Pats are great. Itā€™s just facts. Well, we were until Brady left.

For you Triangle folks, I played River Ridge this afternoon, went off around 4:30 and just finished in the dark.

Decent little track; theyā€™re having some pace of play issues during the COVID era (lots of singles + doubles shooting out) but nothing too acute. Great to get out and play a bit. Course is in pretty good shape - this place isnā€™t blowing anyoneā€™s hair back but it gets the job done.

Anyone been out there recently?

85 today, best round of 2020!

4 Likes

I played pine hollow today. The greens were running 11 according to the starter and they are keeping quite a distance between tee times. Lots of bad iron shots but lots of fun putting on those greens.

River ridge is a solid track as well. Havenā€™t been out there in a few months but worth it for the price.

3 Likes

Nice, I miss Pine Hollow, havenā€™t been there since I moved away from Raleigh. Iā€™m gonna have to get back to that area sometime to play a few tracks Iā€™ve missed for a few years.

1 Like

Math on the greens checks out. Theyā€™re super quick.

When @Just-a-little-right and I played last week they were sending people off about every 6 minutes (seemed like) so maybe theyā€™ve changed? Hope so. Pace of play always gets jammed up on the first 5 holes with those two par-3s and then usually clears up.

2 Likes

We didnā€™t have anyone behind us the entire round and only caught up to the group in front of us when they got backed up around 15 or 16.

New guy here. From Raleigh but currently living in Sanford. Went through a few lean years on the course but made a point to play more golf this year. Thanks to the virus Iā€™ve played more in the last 6 weeks than I did in all of 2019. BIL works at Pinehurst so once they open back up Iā€™ll really be back in the swing of things.

3 Likes

A bunch of us bought Tobacco Road players cards and have tee times on Saturday and Sunday. Itā€™s currently $50 to walk for players card holders.

We also have a Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers chapter thatā€™s pretty active.

3 Likes

Can never convince my buddies to play TR often enough. Time are yā€™all playing Saturday?

1 Like

My game is in a sad place right now but id love to get out there

1 Like

11:50, if you want a spot, you got it.

thanks Dave. iā€™m signed up

1 Like

PH is a great track for the $19 price tag to walk after 1 (maybe 2??) pm. Always have the best greens for public tracks in the area IMO. First hole in one of my life happened on #3 in December :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

Got a buddy looking to get fit for some clubs he already purchased in the Charlotte area when places open up again.

Any suggestions?

Highly recommend Golf Etc in Monroe. He is still open and doing fittings. Great people.

http://www.golfetctechstudio.com/

2 Likes

Victory Custom Golf in Lake Wylie SC. Ken Husvar is great

1 Like

If heā€™s willing to make the drive I was very impressed with true spec at pine needles.

1 Like

The guys at club champion in South Park are very good as well. Top notch facility. I do most of my stuff with the studs at Lonnie in Raleigh, but when Iā€™m short on time and need something close to home, club champion is great. They have about as full a line of product available to test as it comes

Hey guys I have a tee time Thursday at The Cardinal in Greensboro at 2pm if anyone is interested. I booked as a single so there are 3 spots available.