Roll Call: North Carolina

Welcome to the BEST Roost in NC no doubt…Despite what others might say. Welcome again…Pretty damn awesome group to be a part of…at times…lol

6 Likes

Hey everyone. Just moved to Charlotte from Arizona. Looking to get out and play some golf if anyone in the area needs another player!

2 Likes

Oh, boy. Do you realize that you just moved to a very vibrant NLU scene with loads of golf sickos? We are glad to have you here and will definitely bring you in the fold.

I’ll let someone from the Charlotte Roost bring you into their roost with more information on that side of things. We’ll also hook you up with the Chatham Lawn Club link so that you can get tied into the rest of us in the Sandhills, Triangle, Coastal, and SC areas.

You will not lack for good people and great courses to play down here. Looking forward to meeting you and teeing it up!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

i’ll just bump my own post here for you to reference - welcome Gage!

1 Like

I’m driving up from Columbia for a flight out of CLT and looking to play in the morning before my flight. Any good public recs? I’ve played Red Bridge and Rocky River so far

Fort Mill is directly on your route

2 Likes

Hey y’all, just joined the Nest. Been living in Charlotte most my life. Played college golf in SC and after a bit of a hiatus from competitive golf (working in the business) I’m back to playing a lot again.

5 Likes

Welcome. Look at the post three above yours and you will see a welcome into for the Charlotte crazies. Hit up @tdaly or some of those other guys and you will soon have more playing opportunities than you have time to play. Looking forward to teeing it up with you.

1 Like

Curious where you played in SC. We’ve got some deep roots in the Nest.

Big Paul! Hope to get a round in soon sir…awesome seeing your name pop up here!

Played at Erskine. Finally reaching the age where a lot of the guys I played with/against in D2 are able to play again lol

1 Like

Yo! I thought I saw your name on a member guest list for next month.

Oh man, I knew two guys who played at Erskine around 2010ish.

Would’ve been before my time unfortunately.

1 Like

Ah I see, a whippersnapper :rofl:

I’m coming down to visit in a month or so and I was wondering if anyone can chime in about the golf scene in Raleigh vs Chaorlette?

Go to Raleigh

3 Likes

Not sure exactly what info you’re really looking for, there’s probably similar number of public courses in both areas, as @tigergolftraveler hinted, the triangle benefits from having the 3 university courses (Lonnie Poole, Duke, Finley would be my order but I might be biased as an NC State guy). Wherever you end up, be sure to make tee times in advance, it seems like everyone in the state has picked up golf over the last 2 years.

3 Likes

Hey all, new to the Refuge here. My wife & I moved to Charlotte from Cedar Rapids, IA at the end of September. I’m looking to get connected and play more consistently here. I played in a summer league through my company back in IA, but haven’t really connected with any leagues here in CLT.

3 Likes