Roll Call: North Carolina

im not quite following what you are actually asking here…

are you asking where would be a cool place to bring SOMEONE for lunch and a beer in GSO?

or where you should go with your lunch/beer and have like a picnic?

:joy: you know I’m not sure what I was asking there either; one of those thinking something different than what you’re typing but that is what is articulated on the page. I edited the post. What I meant to ask was suggestions for a cool place to grab lunch and a beer in Greensboro.

southend in downtown greensboro has good food and really solid beer

scratch that, southend doesnt open til 4, if you were planning on going during the week

they are open at 12 on the weekend though and have some fire ass specials

1 Like

really depends on what part of GSO you are going to be in and what type of food you are looking for…where you heading?

If it doesn’t rain Sunday I’m playing Bryan Park so I’d say closeish proximity to I-40.

awesome…so yeah, hit southend on your way back to hickory then!

it on the BP side of GSO, right off 40 and only adds 3 minutes to your trip from BP to Hickory

easy to get to, good food and good beer with a dope patio area

sunday is their 1 year anniversary party and they got a band going at 5, but shouldnt be anything too wild prior to that i woudlnt think

1 Like

Sounds like a win to me, thanks man!

1 Like

Shout out to @NCLeft for breaking 80 for the first time. Huge accomplishment!

12 Likes

@BrooklynAJ Thanks a lot for the shout out, that’s really cool of you and I appreciate it. I’ve been working my ass off lately at the range and it was just one of those days it came together.

5 Likes

It’s a big deal. I have good buddies who are solid golfers and play a lot that have never broken 80. First time I did it I was euphoric.

Now, doing it a second time - or with some degree of regularity - is the next hurdle. Keep it up!

2 Likes

I agree with @BrooklynAJ. Breaking 80 is a big deal but for me sustaining that success has been harder. I have been playing for 20 year, mostly as a once a month or less guy, and I broke 80 2x in one summer a number of years back. Now I can’t even sniff it. I’m happy to break 90. It might be age, it is likely lack of practice. Point is, keep it up. It is a great accomplishment but don’t let it impact your work ethic.

Great job.

3 Likes

Haha that’s the issue- being able to do it again. And then another time after that. But thanks again, it was the most content feeling I’ve had in a while.

2 Likes

Way to go @NCLeft!

3 Likes

Congrats @NCLeft!!

3 Likes

Winston-Salem gents - I have an extra vacation day to take and need to go to Club Champion in Winston. I was going to get a round in before my appointment at CC. I was thinking a tee time around 930. Let me know if you’re interested.

1 Like

Damn was just coming here to ask about these. Any recommendations?

1 Like

I dig both of them honestly. Both are solid non resort options

1 Like

I may be completely wrong on this but I believe Mid South is technically private and you can only get on with a package or these types of deals. Tallamore is more accessible.
I have only played Tallamore and enjoyed it. Nothing amazing but a fun round.
If it makes a difference I think Mid South is an Arnold Palmer design.

Got a spot open at Bryan Park Players tomorrow at 9 if anybody is interested.