Roll Call: North Carolina

My apologies, and that makes more sense. 20k for Raintree would be wild

I was quoted $6000 for Raintreeā€™s Young Exec membership. $1500 upfront, and then equal annual installments of the $4500 balance until 40th birthday.

1 Like

I looked into Raleigh CC - 20k initiation fee, 580 per month in dues. That comes with cart-fee only privileges at Treybern and TPC Wakefield. Its a McConnell club, so you get 12 rounds at other properties for cart-fee only, too.

1 Like

Yea theyā€™re proud of that one. I know itā€™s a DR right in Raleigh but I must be missing the selling point.

Also, hate cart fees but maybe thatā€™s a pet peeve of my own.

So three clubs in one basically. Makes it more palatable. Treyburn a fine Fazio course but I. The middle of nowhere!

1 Like

my buddy lives on treyburn and its certainly out in the cut

Is the course still being renovated? Iā€™m a McConnell member and am itching to get out to RCC

Yes, RCC is closed for renovations until late 2021.

WOOF! When I toured Raintree a few years ago it was sub $1000.

Something around $1000 was the best intel I had from friends too - and then boom $6000 out of nowhere.

I believe it was sub $1000 or right at $1000 and $269 month. Even that low cost couldnā€™t justify Raintree for me. Went to Piper Glen instead.

One more Charlotte guy checking in! Just started getting back into golf in the last two to three years and have been hacking my way around the Charlotte area courses. Usually play Fort Mill/Springfield or any good deal I can scoop off GolfNow. If any Charlotte folks need another body for one of the nicer clubs let me know, I would gladly shoulder that burden.

7 Likes

Welcome from just up the road in Greensboro!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been wanting to get down to Piper. If I canā€™t sneak down to Jacksonville for the Jax Beach thing next week Iā€™m really going to try to come down either Wednesday or Friday.

Piper is pretty good. Challenging with OB but in good condition. I left there in October because I hated ClubCorp.

1 Like

I was at Firethorne and left for the exact same reason. Initially went over to Rolling Hills in Monroe which I enjoyed, then we moved very close to Providence and was able to get in there. 10 months in and I have almost zero complaints.

Tee times accessible? That was the biggest issue with ClubCorp and Piper. Log on 5 minutes after tee times open and they would all be booked as they just kept pumping in members.

Iā€™m exploring Carolina Golf Club but Providence looks attractive as well. Looking at Google Maps, it seems walkable. Is this the case?

there are some rough green to tee walks but the course is basically flat so itā€™s not a difficult walk at all. I have a lot of rounds in this year and have only taken a cart once, and that was because my guest wanted to ride. we can discuss over transfusions tomorrow

2 Likes

Love it, count me in! May bounce some things off you tomorrow as well!

2 Likes

HI all, New to the refuge but not to NC. Live in the High Point area. Play Oak Hollow, Tot Hill, Olde Home Place, Meadow Lands and my favorite goat track, Winding Creek.

8 Likes