Roll Call: North Carolina

Are you solo or a crew? That will greatly dictate your chances…

Solo you can show up and being there they will find a way.

My wife and I

Saturday in April May be tough.

If you get shut out, hit up the Bottlebrush at Longleaf.

3 Likes

this is a good call for sure

Yeah although it was pretty difficult to see your ball after the first hole I did enjoy the twilight walk on the BB post-Vibestock rounds. I do want to go back and play LL 1-18 because I was lost between the two rounds lol

2 Likes

If any of you Carolinians want to make it down to Athens for the UGA course this June, sign up are now live…More details to come

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to this one. My wife has some friends and family in Athens, so got an easy yes for this! I will mention that the First Flight Roost does have an event at Wilmington Muni on the same day and will probably draw a big crowd.

1 Like

Hey crew, heading out to Charleston for a wedding the weekend of May 15. Making my way down a week early to stop by our Charlotte office and then taking Thursday/Friday off to golf around there (12th &. 13th). Was thinking it’s worth it to go a bit out of the way and head to the Pinehurst area and see what it’s all about. Thoughts on a game plan and anyone want to join? Initial thoughts was to hit Tobacco Road and maybe a Pinehurst round (maybe 2 or 4), or maybe try and get on to southern or mid pines. Let me know what y’all think!

2 Likes

if you wanna play 2 or 4 you need to stay on site and call ASAP imo

1 Like

All great options but getting on is tough even for members depending on your flexibility. Good luck though…Plenty of other good options in that area if those don’t work out though…

Should be able to get on TR without issue, but I was in Pinehurst two weeks ago and was told 2 and 4 are booked out like 18 months. Worth a shot to grab a cancellation or something but definitely want to get on that ASAP. We played No. 8 and No. 6 and loved both of them. It’s even worth it to just head over to the main clubhouse, try and get on the Cradle, hit Thistle Dhu or even grab a drink at the Cradle Crossing and watch some play. Just a super vibe anywhere you go there. (Also if you’re a bourbon guy I found out that Woodford makes 3 different Pinehurst bourbons, had no idea. They have it at bar in The Deuce and all three are killer).

Plenty of great options in the area if 2 or 4 don’t work out. I would never pass up a chance to play Southern Pines, especially after the restoration. Mid Pines, Pine Needles, Mid South all very nice and very fun.

3 Likes

Great intel. Sounds like i’ll save the Pinehurst rounds for when I can make an actual trip out of it then, but I love the idea of checking it out after work for an evening and making a pit stop at The Duece, always down to try some quality Bourbon!

Sounds like the move then for my other rounds is trying to hit 36 at some combo of mid pines/southern pines/pine needles, then maybe TR Friday morning for 18 before I head out of town. Check out as much as I can while there.

2 Likes

Enjoy! It’s just a really special place.

1 Like

Is Forest Oaks in Greensboro in good shape right now? Seems like great value for $40.

1 Like

Played it on Friday, greens are good and fairways are still mostly brown. I would say good shape for this time of year.

IIRC they have bentgrass greens, I’d call and verify if they’ve been punched or not.

Edit: just saw that @bigcheese played recently. Might just want to keep an eye on the aerification schedule if going to play in the next couple weeks

1 Like

Hey All - I’m relatively new to North Carolina, and am living in Raleigh. I just started the package plan at Lonnie Poole and heard this was a great group to join. I also saw in the email earlier about getting connected to the local Roost, so wanted some information about that. Looking forward to connecting and playing with everyone!

8 Likes

Welcome to the BEST Roost in NC no doubt…Despite what others might say. Welcome again…Pretty damn awesome group to be a part of…at times…lol

6 Likes

Hey everyone. Just moved to Charlotte from Arizona. Looking to get out and play some golf if anyone in the area needs another player!

2 Likes

Oh, boy. Do you realize that you just moved to a very vibrant NLU scene with loads of golf sickos? We are glad to have you here and will definitely bring you in the fold.

I’ll let someone from the Charlotte Roost bring you into their roost with more information on that side of things. We’ll also hook you up with the Chatham Lawn Club link so that you can get tied into the rest of us in the Sandhills, Triangle, Coastal, and SC areas.

You will not lack for good people and great courses to play down here. Looking forward to meeting you and teeing it up!

1 Like