Roll Call: North Carolina

Not at all a fan of Pine Island, I do find Pine Lake to be somewhat of a treat. I think they recently went on a waitlist so it shouldn’t be too long, very walkable course with no restrictions on walking. I think the initiation is reasonable and the dues are under $300/month for a Junior.

1 Like

I think Pine Lake or is it Pine Lakes would be a fine option. Charlotte private golf must be in high demand! Clubs up WS way wish it were so!

Howdy all - just moved to CLT from Dallas a month ago and haven’t had a chance to golf here yet. Any public course recommendations in the area? I have a friend coming to town on Saturday and was hoping to take him somewhere half-decent. Thanks!

What part of Charlotte?

Sedgefield

1 Like

Wow, the best value course in the triangle, Pine Hollow, is officially offended!

@Melough sounds like a great time of year to get out of the northeast and down to year round golf weather. You should extend the stay through NYE for The Final Round!

If you need any advice or have questions on where to live / check out I’m sure there are lots in here that would love to provide their opinions.

3 Likes

Sifford is close by and fun. 9 holes only though and it gets pretty crowded but that will be the story everywhere this weekend (not as hot and a holiday weekend).

Other options would be Rocky River and Springfield in Fort Mill.

1 Like

Not far from me at all. Best bet would be those a little further out of town - Rocky River in Concord, Mooresville GC, Monroe GC, Springfield in Fort Mill, or Fort Mill itself (I believe this is the place with a very dumb 12th hole).

1 Like

Look, fer sure, but check the caveats homes

This does make me remember that I need to get around to more tracks outside of the Sandhills.

3 Likes

Would also add Skybrook to that list - very close to Rocky River

1 Like

I’ve got no knowledge of Skybrook but I will trust your judgement!

We REALLY need to roadtrip out the western part of state to play Gston CC and Mimosa with those guis.

8 Likes

Yes, that is very, very true

I need some advice from you NC guys. The wife and I are moving down to the southside of Charlotte in a couple months. I am on a waitlist for Cedarwood but am probably a good 1.5-2 years out on that. Being on the waitlist I get 2 rounds a month to split between the 2 of us. I am trying to figure out what to do for golf in the meantime. That Mimosa Hills Non Resident looks very appealing. Hit that once a month and use the reciprocals once a month, and I got a decent base for places to play. Question I have is there a membership or pass closer to the south Charlotte area that would make more sense than Mimosa Hills for the time being?

1 Like

I would think the 4 course membership of Fort Mill/Springfield/Chester/Lancaster may be a good fit. Anywhere from $140-265 depending on type of membership you choose.

2 Likes

Real Refuge Charlotte population boom these days. They’re coming from everywhere.

2 Likes

In the fall all of the finance bros migrate south.

5 Likes

Patagonia Vests are out of stock everywhere

3 Likes

They heard I was leaving, hard to find a bigger draw than that.

Second the Fort Mill/Springfield suggestion. Depending on your age, I’ll plug Rock Hill Country Club here as well. A non-resident junior membership is $215 a month including unrestricted range access and goes up to age 34. I was studying the Fort Mill option for a while, but it made more sense for us to join Rock Hill as my fiance golfs too and we fell into that category (cheaper than Fort Mill and a true private FWIW). Also would depend on your proximity to 77.

1 Like