Roll Call: Nashville (Spring Match Play Post 1319)

Thanks! Where do you play around Sumner Co? Or do you stay more towards Nash?

1 Like

I’m a member at Gallatin Country Club but frequent Grasslands and Bluegrass as well!

1 Like

I would second Profectus. They are pretty busy most of the time but good guys to work with and will definitely be a good use of your time.

does anyone have a working discord link for the roost?

Just sent it to you :handshake:

Forgive me if this topic has already been discussed but what courses do you guys think would make it for a strapped series here? Just curious.

We may have discussed it a while back but always a fun thought exercise. I would say Ted Rhodes is the #1 draft pick because it has the best backstory and is a pretty solid muni and affordable, etc. After that it can go in many directions because (greater) Nashville has a ton of sub $50 golf courses. To avoid going all Nashville munis and being boring, I will think exotically and say the other two-three courses would be:

• Montgomery Bell - I think the big guy would enjoy the walk and a lot of places for Neil to run out of room and forlornly look for his ball.
  • Lightning Bug - I have never been there (I think some guys on the board have) but it sounds like it has VIBES and is like a more built out BCN.
  • Harpeth Hills - another nashville muni but since it is the jewel of the municipal system (in my eyes) it beats out Greystone (not a great walk) and Henry Horton (probably too far from Nashville to call it Nashville).

Also, even though Shelby is very old and very tired…it is a waste of land and a bad golf course right now. No one suggest Shelby. Percy Warner could be a fun warmup for the guys I just wish they would flip those greens to champion bermuda and make them a bit bigger and wilder but that will never happen. I am not as high on Vinny Links as others on this board.

2 Likes

Hey y’all I’m going to be in Nashville next week and I only have one day to play golf. My sights are set on Gaylord springs, unless there’s a better option. I’m staying downtown and I don’t want to have to travel more than about 30 minutes each way. Also if anyone is available to play midday on a wednesday, I’d love to link up with some refugees, otherwise I’m trying to walk on as a single. Any suggestions or camaraderie is welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Anybody?

1 Like

Thanks for looking to #getinvolved with some of us… What day are you looking to play? We usually have some Roosters playing throughout the week.

Speaking for myself, and possibly a larger portion of our players, Gaylord’s a non-starter for a bunch of us. You can read back and find some more in depth explanations, but our Roost isn’t hosting any events there for a reason. I understand you want to stay within 30 minutes of Nashville, but I would personally recommend looking at another venue. In Nashville, Ted Rhodes is historically super solid, and some folks really like McCabe. If you’re looking for something comparable to Gaylord, Hermitage may be on the edge of your travel area, but both courses are really good.

1 Like

Wednesday March 9th is my day to play. Ted Rhodes seems like a good bet, and it’s closest to where I’m staying. Gaylord looks like a nice track, and I have heard good things about Hermitage as well… I understand the beef with Gaylord after reading some of the posts in this topic.

So for Hermitage; Presidents or Generals?

Who wants to play?!

P. S. I’m renting clubs for this round (short trip with only one round so I’m not bringing my sticks) OR if anyone wants to play and has an extra set, let me know!

1 Like

So I’ve decided to play a morning round at Hermitage President’s Reserve and then play a 9 hole round at Ted Rhodes. If anyone can join me, this Wednesday, March 9th, I’d love to meet some Refugees! I’m going to book rounds soon, so gimme a holler if interested!

1 Like

Cant join you due to work but President is by far the way to go. Some great holes and better scenery. I have played Ted since high school and dont know much of the history but a solid track. Good choices overall.

1 Like

I will be playing 11:09 tee time at president’s reserve, Wednesday March 9th, should anyone be able to join.

If I have questions about the best areas to stay and/or eat in Nashville, do I have to read the 895 posts above this one, or can someone hook a refuge brother up?

1 Like

What brings you to town and for how long? We can hook you up based on that info

3 Likes

Staying 1 night, before heading to South Pittsburg.

I am potentially heading down from Minnesota to Nashville to see the Wild/Preds play at the end of April and then will spend a few days golfing. Obviosuly I have heard of Sweetens but wanted to see if there was a thread that you could point me to or what are the best public course options out there?

Besides the local roost’s distaste for Gaylord, it still looks like a pretty nice track. Matter of fact, I’m still interested in playing it. Has anyone played it recently? I hear there’s some construction going on there, but not sure how it impacts the play, if at all.

Can anyone chime in here?

Go to Hermitage instead

2 Likes