Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

I’m in Hugo. So not far from Vadnais Heights at all?

You ever played Oneka Ridge? That’s kind of my “home” course. It’s kind of a fun little goat-track, at least to me.

No I haven’t but I’m always down to try a new course. How does 2:00 or around that on Friday sound?

That should work for me.

Here’s a link to the course. http://www.onekaridgegc.com It’s the kind of place you’d expect to see on an episode of Strapped.

Should I make a tee time now, or do you want to wait until tomorrow to confirm your work availability?

@earlsmithiii and I are playing Friday at 2:08 at Oneka if anyone wants to join us?

Is the tee time at all flexible? I fly in to Duluth at 10:47 tomorrow morning and really don’t care about a couple hour drive

Hey, come on down if you feel like making the drive. I am a little hesitant to change the tee time though, just for fear of running out if daylight. The course is north metro which would help on drive time.

I only booked s twosome and don’t know if the course filled the other two spots. Would assume not but you never know with MEA and the decent weather??

I don’t mean to much you too much bug but if you could find out if the spots are still open by 11 tomorrow morning that would be great

Wow did I screw that up. I meant I don’t mean to bug you too much

Ha no worries man. Yeah I’ll call in the AM, they don’t do online otherwise I’d check.

Ok. Good to go for 3 at 2:08. I’ll be the big guy with the red beard. See you folks later.

You guys lucked out with some pretty decent weather last week. How did it go?

Yeah it was good time and weather was good if a bit windy.

Ended up being just @earlsmithiii and I, as @ajtwenty1 got stuck at MSP on his travel back to Duluth.

Had a bit of snafu trying to tee off, as somehow the course had got themselves behind on tee times, and the Club Pro and 9 of his closest buddies were trying to tee off in two “foursomes” that were 10+ minutes behind their designated time. They weren’t real receptive to the idea of letting the two of us go in front of them, so we hopped off at 10 and played the back nine first. It was a bit annoying, but we made it work and were able to make the turn with a wide-open front 9. In defense of the clubproguy and his close friends, they did appear to be playing quickly and were keeping pace every time we saw them, so I’ll give them that.

I have to credit @earlsmithiii with talking me into driver on a drivable par 4, which led to a birdie. I also have to credit him for saving my push cart while I was putting, as the winds started carrying it towards a hillside.

All in all was a good time, didn’t hurt I also shot my second best score of the year…

1 Like

successfully pulled off “the logo” pose for the first time as my tee shot on #6 sailed OB! good times

1 Like

Yeah, there was good form on that. There was also liberal attempts at backstopping.

whoa, whoa, whoa, I thought we agreed that…didn’t happen…

Ooops. My bad. There was no backstopping that occurred. Every shot on the green was quickly marked so as to protect “the field” particularly since our short games were so precise, that we would have been able to fully take advantage of any backstopping opportunity had we not done the right thing.

Hey so now that winter has officially set in, does anyone have any interest in trying to hit up the new Topgolf? I haven’t been and would definitely be interested.

I’d be interested, I’m intrigued to see how it is in the winter because I went once this fall and the wind was brutal right into my face. Even with the heaters on there it was still cold.

Yeah I’m curious as well, not sure facing north was the greatest idea?

Stillwater MN here. Play at White Bear Yacht Club primarily, but there aren’t many I don’t enjoy. Primarily a muni guy for most of my life (grew up near Fargo ND) and love almost ALL the old school munis in Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Dickinson, Duluth, Detroit Lakes, etc etc.