Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

I haven’t gotten back to Deer Run yet this season but I will. Same with Braemar…it’s kind of obnoxious how Hard it is to get a tee time there

1 Like

I agree! As @Randy says “SHRINK THE GAME”

4 Likes

I just started getting into golf when they shut down their previous set up for the remodel. The previous course wasn’t as high quality but it was nice to be able to get out pretty much whenever I wanted as a new golfer.

That being said, I am sure hopeful the courses are making the money while they can…I think as the pandemic shrinks, so does MN golf…

Honestly I haven’t played very many places since becoming a full-on sicko. Not sure I could even flesh out a top 10 that I was proud of

1 Like

this is lame. There are some gems out there that we might not know about.

1 Like

I love seeing all the lists, I’ve gotten around the cities a little bit but I always seem to stick with the places close to home. A 4.5 hour round beats 6 hour round every time, less time away from the fam.

2 Likes

I feel this in my soul @Mystic

1 Like

Upon looking at people’s list, there are a few courses that I need to get out to still/haven’t played in a while. Baker, Braemer (new course), Rush Creek, Pioneer Creek, Victory Links, Island View. Looks like I will need to get some rounds set up at these spots!

1 Like

NEVER WALK THE WILDS

and

NEVER WALK VICTORY LINKS

sentence

5 Likes

Big time second.

2 Likes

Come play Edinburgh with me before the season is over and let’s see if I can convert you as a fellow apologist.

4 Likes

Are you apologizing for 10% of Minnesota’s bodies of water existing on this course?!? (I’m obviously exaggerating and the place does have some cool holes but also… UGGG hahaha)

EDIT: the Twilight rate for quality of course is very respectable there. I appreciate that big time.

1 Like

I’m not an Edinburgh stan by any means (nor a hater), but the walking twilight rate there (~$30) is a pretty good deal.

3 Likes

I think you can ride under $50 or around that which also isn’t bad.

It’s not my favorite place but the bang for your buck at twilight is SOLID

the twilight rate was cheaper than my PCC rate, and that was like a 415 tee time I think.

Not to mention it’s the easiest walk in the metro as it’s dead flat and the greens and tees are pretty close together.

17 requires you to take on the water, but the other water holes all provide a bail out option (even if those areas tend to be bunkered).

2 Likes

Way in. Despite what the haters and losers say it has a fancy sounding name so frankly it’s probably going to shoot up my list.

3 Likes

yea. Its quirky and has its flaws but that twlight rate makes it worth it. Not sure the full rate would get to book a tee time thought.

3 Likes

I’ve seriously debated posting #11 to the Worst Holes thread a few times. There’s just nowhere to miss, especially for a high handicapper without major distance.

Frustrating as #15 can be, I have a great memory of it from the 2006 US Am. That was one of the real eye-opener holes for me about the different level those guys could play at. I was caddying that week for a player who’s now on Tour. He and his playing partner hit their drives to the top of the hill before the creek. Then, instead of hitting lay-up shots to the right following the snake, they just rocketed balls up over the trees and onto the green in two. It was a line to the hole I just couldn’t even conceive of at the time.

3 Likes

I knew I could count on you @bobs219.

And to all the complaints about water, I refer you to my aforementioned advice:

3 Likes