Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Alright, I’ll come in defense of 15 at Chaska then. I understand the dislike of 11 but 15 is fine.

You are only dead off the tee if you go right, but the further right you are the better look you have at the green in two. If you go left (provided it’s not a duck hook), you can no longer go for the green in two, but birdie or par is still within reach with a couple strong shots.

Super difficult eagle, but not overly penal if you miss on the first or second shots.

2 Likes

Added my list to the sheet. Only did a top 9 because I haven’t played Troy Burne (I know, I know), Rush Creek, Loggers, or Legends yet - and it didn’t feel right throwing a random muni in there instead.

I stand by my (unpopular) love of Edinburgh at #2!!! Just don’t hit it in the water you guise!

2 Likes

I have at least one spot open for a 915AM at Keller tomorrow if anyone wants it. I have a few messages out so if those can’t go I might have a few more spots.

You are going to get some heat for this one. Can’t wait to see what else surfaces

Sir, only negative vibes allowed to Edinburgh on this thread.

3 Likes

Edinburgh is a lot like The Royal to me. It’s about half and half a mix of good holes and some real stinkers.

1 Like

I love Edinburgh too! The course is awesome, only the houses keep it from my top 10. It’s probably 11ish in my rankings.

Got all 3 spots open at Keller tomorrow if anyone wants to play

1 Like

Playing Royal for the first time tomorrow, worth the $80?

Not from my point of view. Once your done with your round tomorrow you should rank your top ten in the spreadsheet though. We would all be curious to see what your T10 looks like

Bumping this for tomorrow.

2 spots still open for Keller tomorrow at 4pm to join @OscarDeLaGorga and myself.

3 Likes

newbie here…which spreadsheet?

Just started it, this morning.

1 Like

Curious where those would stack up for you if they were included? May make the drive to Morton before the end of the season and am honeymooning in Grand Marais in a few weeks.

Morton’s a hike, but Dacotah Ridge is fucking legit. Only draw back is the day I played there were some really intense bugs.

Well if we are doing MN as a whole instead of just the metro then Quarry and Deacon’s might be coming for the top spots.

2 Likes

No no no…let’s flesh out the metro first before we open that can of worms.

3 Likes

Agreed. Metro and out-state should be separate.

In the meantime I’m waiting for someone to put StoneRidge at 8 or do something else crazy.

1 Like

I’m sure there are some in here that have played more golf around the state than I have, but I’m pretty proud of how many different places I’ve played around here in my 22 years on this planet. If y’all are ever looking for any opinions about a course, feel free to ask, as I probably have one. I think I’ve played around 110-120 in the state so far? High school and junior tournaments helped a ton. Some of them are shitty nine holers too but still counting them! My weaknesses are NW and South in general

8 Likes

Pure public course experience…I would put Superior National first. Their renovation is something to behold. StoneRidge is still #1 when thinking course only, due to how great their greens are. Dacotah Ridge would come in around #5 for me; awesome course and great value.

2 Likes