Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Usually hitting balls outside in March, touch and go on course openings til into April

1 Like

This take makes me scratch my own head a bit, but I would rather hit balls off mats inside than mats outside. There is just something not right about fresh air and fake grass. I know it doesn’t make any sense and it’s stupid but I am opening up to the group here.

being able to see the ball move through the air the way you want it to and see it land is the only good thing about mats outside, otherwise I hate it too.

1 Like

This is true. And trying to get into the dome in late winter/early spring starts to get tough when HS golf season is about to kick off.

At top golf today to scratch the itch.

1 Like

Played in Florida this past week and one of the ranges was off mats. Hated it. Nice course, little spendy, and I get out there to mats. Bummer.

1 Like

haha if it’s warm enough to hit outside, no way you’re getting me to go back inside a dome…mats or no mats I’m swinging outdoors

3 Likes

this is the optimism I come here for

bravo, sir

2 Likes

Would anyone be interested in taking the day off the first Friday of the NCAA basketball tournament and playing some simulator golf and watching the games? I’m not familiar with what simulator has the best sports bar vibes but I’m anxious to get some swings in and would love the opportunity to make a day of it.

If people are interested and have recommendations I’m happy to make the arrangements.

Hey all, I made this video back in the fall of 2018 at Braemar. I know it’s mentioned quite a few times in this thread, so here is some footage of the course post-reno for those who haven’t had the chance to see it.

Note: I’m (clearly) not a professional

6 Likes

Nice! I’m gonna have to make it out to play there this summer.

Looks like WBYC is removing all of the trees behind the 17th green. I am all in favor of tree removal but I wonder what the rationale is for taking those down?

3 Likes

Present. Waiting for the season.

Going to Element Golf tonight with my wife and some of her friends and their husbands. I’m wearing my NLU hat, and my wife says
“Are you wearing a No Laying Up shirt too?”

slowly unzip my quarter zip

“Oh my gosh, you would!”

Happy Friday Guis

7 Likes

Follow up:
We played alternate shot with the wives and it was a blast

4 Likes

Do any Twin Cities area Refugees have experience taking lessons at Totally Driven in Edina? I’ve taken a handful of lessons at PGATSS and had a decent experience, but it’s hard to find a time that works for me over there and I’m looking for something maybe a bit more “professional” so to speak.

“Played Pebble” today, but view wasn’t quite as good as the real thing:

Love the Braemar Top Tracer Range for hits and giggles but question the accuracy sometimes, and the chipping is not my fav because it’s all carry.

Still better than pounding balls with no idea where they’re headed and it makes me actually hit shots in the sequence you would on a course.

3 Likes

How does that work? Do you have to waste balls on chipping and putting?

When you get close enough to the green, it gives you a number of target flags to hit to. Your proximity to the flag on the fly determines your short game score and overall hole score (e.g. birdie, par, bogey).

To me, that’s somewhat silly because I would never fly a ball all the way to a flag. I end up hitting a number of mulligans/practice chips because of this quirk.

Not a huge deal, but definitely a limitation of the Top Tracer system IMO.

2 Likes

Saw this on Meatsauce’s Twitter.

https://travefy.com/trip/6yw9rqrwcv6sqz2acwv5rplggewmu4a?d=12285916

1 Like