Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Is anyone doing the Northland event for $550? Assuming thats cheaper due to location away from major metro. I have no clue what type of tee gift you get so its hard to judge value.

1 Like

WBYC was $650 last year.

I tried cashing in all my chips to make Northland work this year and couldnā€™t get the Mrs. on board. I need to get back to that damn golf course.

4 Likes

Donā€™t you know anyone that can get you on???

The tee gift at WBYC was a pair of FootJoy Flexes (pretty sure), a pair of Oakleys, a TGJ waffle towel, a ball marker and a valuables pouch. A pretty solid haul.

3 Likes

I signed up!

2 Likes

Olympic was $450 and the tee gifts there were a TGJ Linksoul Anza polo, a pair of Oakley sunglasses, a leather valet tray with the Olympic Hills logo embossed, and a copy of TGJ #16 which everyone already had because you have to be a subscriber to play. I thought that one was odd.

3 Likes

I dropped my membership because it was too hard to get up there with two young kids and the obscene hotel prices are a turn off. $550 for two round plus gifts is a steal compared to my cost per round last yearā€¦

I did sign up @JMK so I will see you up there!

5 Likes

Didnā€™t you get a cool medal for that $450 as well?

2 Likes

Well, thereā€™s that

3 Likes

*** immediately deletes charveyā€™s contact info from my phone ***

15 Likes

Ha thatā€™s fair. Did you start your C-suite life yet or still slumming at Inver Wood?

3 Likes

Heā€™s probably on round 4 of his 12-part interview for Somerset

5 Likes

iā€™m still a slumdog for at least one more season

if I even MADE it to the interview process at Somerset I wouldnā€™t be mingling with you louts, online or irl

10 Likes

ā€œOakley glassesā€

:hangsup:

3 Likes

You can always sell them on the Silk Road for MSRP.

6 Likes

I understood this reference. I think it was the TGJ discord though, which is even wilder considering it was one of their events :joy:

2 Likes

I was originally going to post it just as a general commentary on TSR, but then I did have some vague recollection of the exact scenario blowing up somewhere. I thought it was on here as Iā€™m not in the TGJ discord.

Iā€™m not either but I seem to recall someone x-posting it to TSR with some kind of ā€œget a load of this guyā€ caption

1 Like

ATTENTION

:partycage: :partycage: :partycage:

ATTENTION EVERYONE, ROOST-AFFILIATED AND NON-

WE HAVE 6 OPEN SPOTS IN THE MATCH PLAY BRACKET

Match Play is not limited to North Star United/Roost participants, please fill the signup so I can create the bracket!

@NorthStarUnited

3 Likes

Hey everyone,
We need one more player for the Descent Into Chaos tomorrow. Lotta new peeps around these parts this winter wanting to get involved, nows your chance to join us and play in the same team as the legendary @Daniel

Cā€™MON! Itā€™s gonna be fun!

1 Like

I can potentially play, Iā€™m going to be in Blaine anyways since my kid is playing soccer at 1030am at NSC. What exactly is descent into chaos and what the hell would i be getting myself into?