Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

May or may not have sent our friend TBuhr a text or two :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been AWOL, but looking to play Monday morningā€¦anyone interested? There are times available at stoneridge, @charvey @MackReiter nd anyone else who likes to play there.

Now that kids are in school, Iā€™m pretty willing to go anywhere teeing off between 930 and 1130a.

1 Like

Monday mornings are a little tough in the freese house but Iā€™m playing there Sunday morning if youā€™re interested.

1 Like

Unfortunately working this weekend. Planning the Monday round to decompressā€¦ :golf:

I feel like I remember their being a discussion on a pod and a massive thread about some NFT type club being organized for a golf course. Just stumbled across this and canā€™t say Iā€™m surprised by who is trying to start it.

5 Likes

1 Like

This fuckin guy.

Number one grifter in MN.

5 Likes

Tom Petters would like a wordā€¦.

4 Likes

I have a single spot available tomorrow at Keller, 2:24pm, any takers?

Who was it? I didnā€™t see a name in the article.

Gotta be Kevin U.

4 Likes

Correct. He runs Twin Cities Golf, PCC, probably other things, now this bullshit

Definitely a hustler, but you have to give him credit for keeping a pretty active list of open golf courses late/early in the season

4 Likes

I follow that list closely once 3/20 hits every year.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never played but from what Iā€™ve read here itā€™s decent?

4 Likes

I think I speak for a lot on here when I say that the Royal is an awesome $70 golf course and a really lame $150 one.

9 Likes

Isnā€™t peak rate, riding, $105? I donā€™t remember it being $150 at any point.

Played there yesterday. Greens are gimmicky, but itā€™s fun. Canā€™t believe itā€™s for sale, I wonder about the village around, I thought it was owned by the same group.

One of my favorite refuge rounds of all time was today. Started off with a half hour rain delay, first few holes you canā€™t see much because of fog. Get up to par 3 5th at Northland and you have no idea where the pin is and canā€™t see the ball past its apex, it was legit one of the most fun shots Iā€™ve ever played. Golf needs more weird shots like that. I was hoping someone took a picture of that hole today.

Get to the 9th and the rain starts pouring down, @charvey is in the wilderness, and the green is close to being unputtable. We huddle under the snack shack, decide we are going to go down for lunch, and I realize my phone has disappeared from my bag. Rain is coming down even harder now, but I decide to retrace my steps on the course while the others go down to lunch.

Iā€™ve retraced my steps for 4 holes, no luck, and itā€™s absolutely pissing on me, with not a soul around. Here I am, getting dumped on at NCC, by myself, borrowing an internet friends umbrella. Quite the surreal moment.

Thankfully, we eventually pinpoint where I dropped it, it somehow still works totally fine, and we finish our round. @bobs219 carried my soaked ass all the way down the hill with a 40 to my one-par 43. Eventful day. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever forget that moment alone up in 6 fairway thinking about how I got into this position

Anyways, obligatory 15th hole pic

22 Likes