Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

@BaxterMSP was such a true gentlemen, truly magnanimous in defeat, can’t wait to tee it up with him again…and beat him like a fucking drum.

Is that better? :rofl:

13 Likes

My game has become a true dumpster fire since the day we played. I think @tj_denawli might have beaten me in a gross match at WBYC. I might have used up all my second child perspective and turned into Rory already.

9 Likes

Looks like someone picked up some tricks from @tj_denawli’s “I already won this match, better toss a double bogey out there to keep them off my scent” approach.

4 Likes

I’m too lazy to figure out how to make a poll(@Battisstatus might be the expert) but I will let the remaining participants decide if I play @Daniel straight up or take my 6 strokes. There is no in-between negotiation.

1 Like
  • Straight up
  • Take the 6

0 voters

Per your request @charvey

8 Likes

I know a lot of folks are going to Lawsonia this weekend and we wish them the best (fuck you), but let’s get at least two more spots filled out for Saturday at Inver Wood!

Tee times starting at 10:30. Format likely some kind of Stableford or quota. At least one match. Probably all manner of side betting if you’re into that sort of thing. #getinvolved

3 Likes

Unfortunately timed combo of dance recital and family birthday party. Although I will probably consume more beers than I would if I was golfing.

1 Like

Looks like Mr. Poosh is taking in one of the local gems :eyes:

7 Likes

Hopefully not a 5-hour death march as they often are out there. Curious as hell how he knows that place exists

Its just that good! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty eventful round at Victory this weekend. Starting on the first tee, we watched as a fire started to get out of control. By the third green, it was a few hundred yards long and quickly encroaching the golf course. 20 minutes later the fire marshal evacuated the area and we had to go home. Despite reports to the contrary, my hot putter is not what started the fire.

12 Likes

I read about that this weekend and was waiting for a boots-on-the-ground report. Glad at least one of us was out there. Can you comment on who or what did start the fire?

1 Like

I cannot comment on that at this time.

4 Likes

This really bums me out. I really enjoy that course

1 Like

Did someone get told not to enter the native area to find their ball and instead lit it on fire? Who can possibly say

1 Like

Sorry to irritate everyone but bumping the tee time one last time.

Thursday at Braemar 1:40pm with me and @OnlyLayingUp

If we don’t have anyone join us I am going to call the course and make it a twosome tomorrow

1 Like

Someone play with these guys, damnit. It’s only gonna be 90 with 60% humidity.

3 Likes

A rare occasion where yours truly will actually be wearing shorts :joy:

1 Like

Did the course take any damage?

They chased everybody out of there so I’m not sure. Only 1 hole was near the fire, and I doubt it burned. They had maintenance running hoses out to the spot, I’m guessing they got the grass wet enough.

1 Like