Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Welcome! I am in Grand Rapids also. Just a weekend golfer though no tour events for me.

1 Like

Welcome! Also in the GR area. I played in one of the wknd golf tour events last summer to satisfy a little competitive drive. They’re alright but worth checking out. They’re on IG (wkndgolf is their handle)

2 Likes

Where do you like to hack on the weekends?

I used to be a member at Wallinwood so I play there quite a bit. But I really like The Mines, Bowen Lake, Cedar Chase, The Falls, Pilgrims Run, Diamond Springs. Honestly I am not to particular as long as the course is not beat to shit and the company is good!

1 Like

How about you where do you normally play?

I had a limited membership at The Mines last year that kept me playing there weekly, but also got out to Pilgrim’s Run, Maple Hill, Thornapple Point, Quail Run, Boulder Creek, Thousand Oaks, and Tulleymore.

Sometimes on the weekend I’ll catch a round up in Oceana County when we visit my in-laws.

1 Like

Does anyone by chance play at Indianwood in Lake Orion?

Not a member there but I’ll usually play it a couple times a summer. The Old Course is great.

3 Likes

Looking at membership out there and it seems like a cool place. Wasn’t sure if there were some members lurking in the refuge. Also played the old course and thought it was awesome!

Have heard a lot of high praise for The Old Course.

1 Like

At one point I think they had 2 membership tiers and the lower one restricts access to the old course. Not sure if that’s still the case but it’s not a great deal if you’re primarily stuck on the New Course IMO

1 Like

Yeah I saw that too. I was interested in access to both for sure. They do have outtings so maybe a refuge event in the cards? That would be sweet!

2 Likes

Very fun course! They have never put in a bunch of trees and it is open and links like.

I’ve played out there quite a bit as I have a few friends that belonged there in the past. We do a home and home series at least once a summer.

Old course is amazing. Probably one of my favorite courses in Michigan.
New course is garbage. And if there is a lot of rain (i.e. last summer) it is borderline terrible.

My other complaint and one of the main reasons my buddies left - their practice range is terrible. They really struggled paying that kind of money for a membership at a club that doesn’t maintain their range. If you’re not big on practice, maybe that doesn’t matter to you though.

2 Likes

It’s not terrible yet but just had a wind shift and small temp drop so it’s changing in very SE Michigan now.

Question, anyone familiar with Journeyman Distillery in Three Rivers? 30k square 50 hole putting green out behind the distillery? Does this need to be something that needs a road trip?

1 Like

For those that haven’t seen, the GR NLU event in June has more details.

10 Likes

Definitely want to check it out. But also, their Featherstone Bourbon is legit. So good.

Would be a nice warm-up for the 2CGC vs. FCF in July…now how to convince my wife I need to play in both events :thinking:

2 Likes

You and me both, think I got the wife on board. But I’m pushing it because I have a 3 day trip to garland memorial day weekend two weeks before this event

2 Likes

They were saying they improved the range and had two sides to hit from. Can I ask what is the deal with the practice area? I’m a range/chipping green rat 95% of the time.