Roll Call - Metro NYC

Totally agree! Only been in it for about a month and already made it out with 4 guys from the group. If you made it this far you might as well join the NYC Metro Whatsapp chat. Definitely fulfilling the mission of uniting fellow golf nuts both virtually and in person.

2 Likes

Links to join?

I’m at Knoll with @Crawfobm25.

1 Like

Totally agree such a good group of guys. Had a lot of fun at the Rock Spring event, and am really looking forward to a non socially distanced 2021 event! (Fingers Crossed)

DM incoming

For any of you guys that like to come a little north, looks like Mansion Ridge is staying open through the winter.

1 Like

@Bakes0 (and all you “others” around here) when are you joining the RACDG cult… I mean society?

The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Hit me up in my DMs and get involved!

Also, I’m down for playing Mansion Ridge whenever you want. Weekdays preferred

2 Likes

Interesting, so just a single daily shotgun?

I unwittingly participated in the 10am shotgun at mansion ridge a couple weekends ago. Had to start on the 15th hole, made for a tough starting stretch. Pace of play was good all in all. We were the b group on 15 so had to let the group in front of us clear. guess they only do 10Am tee times for the winter. Nice course, was in good shape.

2 Likes

Looks like it. That’s how most courses around me have been operating for the last few weeks. Gets a bunch of people out at once and it moves well.

That’s a tough place to start on that course. Brutal.

Yeah blind uphill tee shot on the par 5 to start, with the driving range closed. Then having the 18th soon after. The short first hole would have been much easier starting cold.

@HibernatingBear is @Shortwaywrongway in the group? i’ve lost track of how many Upstater’s we have

The only Dan I know is the Great Oz behind the curtain, @brutalbaum

1 Like

I didn’t realize we meet downstate!

Hi all, I’m upstate right between Albany and Saratoga. Enjoying the last few days of outdoor golf that we have left as much as possible

2 Likes

Oh I’m in the Albany area as well, as is another gui. NYC is probably the closest cluster of a bunch of peeps, so I’ve assimilated into them

1 Like

Sucks im out in Syracuse. Wish i was closer to the NYC contingent.

I’ve mentioned this to @Cinnamon previously, but I’ll be moving to Albany next summer for a stint and hope to get in a few rounds with fellow members during my time.

3 Likes

We’ll have to have a weekend getaway to Turning Stone (wheels are churning in my head right now)

… or you can meet us at the new Accord course that’s somewhat closer

4 Likes

Did Turning Stone this past October for the first time, it will be an annual trip for me. So easy to get to and three really good courses.

Big vote for TS.

My buddy just got fitted for new irons there and received a bunch of credits for playing the courses. Going to hit it up in spring, but take advantage of the indoor dome this winter.