Roll Call: Massachusetts

pine brook is a stiles? sick!

1 Like

Yea, I know this only because of the excellent book, The Life and Work of Wayne Stiles, by Bob Labbance and Kevin Mendik. Bob passed away a few years ago but Kevin lives in the Boston area. It is a great book and it is amazing how many courses Stiles (and Van Kleek) designed.

1 Like

Sounds like a great person to have a beer with, or bring to an event. I’ll look around to get in touch!

I have literally never heard of pine brook despite being obsessed with golf and living within an hour of Boston my whole life :thinking:

New refuge user here. If we ever get to play golf again I might disappear, but until then howdy from Malden.

2 Likes

hey if anyone wants to get golf-weird we have a boston groupchat so DM me if you want to get in on that action

T minus 1 week till my club opens, god damn I cannot wait. Took next Wednesday off and hopefully playing 36

In MA? May 4th is the earliest date unless our essential-ness is changed.

1 Like

Yep…living across the border did NOT realize this, they sent something out that they’ll open as soon as the Gov gives the go ahead…

Fuck this blows, NY closed everything too

Played a few times in CT. Open to none residents and hasn’t been too bad.

DM me

Long time no see ya’ll.

Random question here, do any north shore golfers remember Candlewood? It’s in Essex and shut down like 2 years ago

1 Like

I got over confident today and decided to chip with me new-to-me tour edge rally wedge at Mt. Hood in Melrose. Well closed means closed as a ranger found me. Didn’t end well, but at least I hit about a 100 balls.

2 Likes

Curios when folks think we’ll be allowed to play in Massachusetts?

• May 4
  • May 4 - May 15
  • May 15 - June 1
  • June 1 - June 15
  • After June 15

0 voters

3 Likes

From Mike’s lips to God’s ears!

It’ll be great to have back, but it’ll still stink to not be able to have a normal day at the course. Half the fun a lot of days are the “apres” activities.

For sure, $10 play all you want. None of the posted yardages were correct and you could hear the wolves down the street at Wolf Hollow.

Really hope May 4 happens. It will stink not to be able to grab a drink or something after, but I’m just excited to get out there.

3 Likes

Exactly. They said the opening Par 4’s were 350 and there was no fucking way that was true. I want to take that place over so bad and revamp it…0

1 Like