Roll Call: Massachusetts

Jeesh…not digging many of these options…the golf is to limited

Was gorgeous up here in maine…near 50 degrees…did you get out?

Sure did. @GreenlodgeSocialClub and I were able to get 18 in at West Bridgewater CC.

1 Like

Just some more additional, more flexible options. They still have the full on membership with unlimited play which is what I have. But these plans are more conducive to my schedule as I don’t play nearly enough like a lot of the members (every day) so twice a week at a much reduced discount works better, and guarantees ill be a member longer

1 Like

Am I the only one here who thought they could sneak out for 18 on Sunday but quickly realized all the courses in their immediate area that were open were booked SOLID until like 3PM?

2 Likes

So brutal, it took us 4 hours to play 12 holes.

Damn…really…that takes the fun out of it

I’ve used it twice without issue. It’s fantastic.

Oh hey Jim welcome to the Refuge

1 Like

I skipped out on work on Monday and got 9 in and it was still slow. Played 9 in 2 hours at a course I can usually get around in an hour during the season.

Still, I was playing golf in short sleeves in February. I’m not going to complain.

1 Like

New to the refuge, living in Boston and working in Hopkinton, would love to find new places to play this year

1 Like

Hello Matt, welcome to the Refuge.

1 Like

Hey gang. New to posting here but been lurking for a while. Thanks to @anon26814599 for the warm welcome.

Relocated my family from New York to Walpole last summer and spent the fall playing as many courses as I could. Had a lot of fun doing that and quickly fell in love with the work of Stiles & Van Kleek in the process. Unfortunately, the good public courses seem to be 45 min away or more, so I’m seriously considering joining a laid back private club just to have somewhere to play a quick 9 or practice. But either way, I’m always down for a round at any course so hit me up.

Cheers.

1 Like

Welcome! We’ll get you out to DW Field. Stiles and Van Fleek right down 95.

DWF was the first S&VK I played and it was awesome. Can’t wait to play again.

1 Like

Checking in from the south shore. Great winter golf wise have been able to get out more than I did last summer it seems. Hopefully the weather holds up into the spring

2 Likes

Let us know how your visit goes with my club. @JShaw would be interested in what Jack tells you too.

2 Likes

Very much so

1 Like

Two Sundays ago, called South Shore to see if they were doing tee times, and was told nope, first come first serve. Walked up at 10 AM and got out immediately.

This past Sunday, walked up at 10 AM, lot was about 1/4 full, went into the pro shop fully expecting to be able to do the exact same thing. Guy working there: “Nope, the course is fully booked until 4 PM.”

… so you started doing tee times in the middle of February without telling anyone about it? Cool.

4 Likes

I never got over to FP at the end of last year. How is the new patio?