Roll Call: Massachusetts

New to the refuge and down in Franklin MA- excited for 2020 and looking for a group to go out with this year!

“We learn so many things from golf—how to suffer, for instance. - Bruce Lansky”

6 Likes

Welcome, there are a few 495 belt folks in here so plenty of meet ups to happen.

1 Like

I grew up playing Twin Springs, IGC was always like a legend to me haha

1 Like

All right guys, I need to know which courses around Boston are open now. I know some guys played Metacomet today. I’ll have some free time next week and I’m getting the itch to be outside instead of on a simulator.

1 Like

Newton Commonwealth and South Shore are open

The weather for this Sunday is looking decent as of today (fingers crossed). I’d love to get outside somewhere and play.

1 Like

hate crime

South shore has a 9 hole loop with all real greens. $25 to play all day. Very very worth it

3 Likes

My men’s league hockey team has our annual tourney at Twin Springs. 4 man scramble, 3 clubs per guy, the foursome must all play the same 3 numbered clubs. It probably takes 3+ hours to play 9 holes and couldn’t be more fun. Trying to play that course with only 3 clubs is actually kinda tough.

IGC is great. It’s had a lot of turnover lately, but I’m really glad I joined. Easily the best practice area around and having 36 holes, each very different, is a treat.

1 Like

New membership options at Orchards

My club has a social membership thats 36 holes a month instead of 2 rounds. Might be something to mention to them too.

“Well technically I didn’t hole out… or play under the Rules of Golf…”

I see what your saying…I’m not biting.

It was more so that their 2 rounds especially book end of season were getting cut short.

I got an email from Norton CC saying they were open.

South Shore is opening the full 18 for this weekend. I called the proshop for a tee time, but they opened up the online booking too

Anyone going to the golf expo next weekend?

Been a couple times, never really got anything out of it and it doesn’t look like they’ve updated who is speaking this year yet.

I usually only go because I live down the street, but I can’t this year because I’ll be on vacation. Agree it usually not worth it.

Have a couple buddies talking about going on Saturday. I was on the fence before so this makes my decision to try to play outside or hit a sim easier.

I’ll probably go unless the weather is good enough to actually get out and play. Never expect much when I go but it is nice to do anything golf-related this time of year. Go in with no expectations and you can’t be disappointed.

1 Like

I’m up north in NH, but am willing to make the drive if anything is open and if anyone needs a fourth!