Roll Call: Massachusetts

It really does stink. Doyle’s road race was always a great time. I don’t understand why liquor licenses can be sold out of the neighborhood. I know some of the boundaries of the neighborhoods can be a little hazy, but no way a liquor license from JP should be able to transfer to the Seaport. Maybe it’s because I hate the Seaport, but that sucks

2 Likes

I don’t know why we still have liquor licenses at all… Didn’t Cambridge get rid of them (nominal fee now, 5k?) a few years back?

Boston and liquor laws are always fun to dive into. We have them because of all the money people petition for them. Outdoor beer gardens are making this city a fortune because of the all the short term liquor license bids.

oh, let’s dive into happy hours

2 Likes

FTFY

2 Likes

If happy hour becomes a thing then Coogan’s $1 skunked beers are less enticing to the fake id crowd. How would they ever stay open?!?

did you know they scan/bend IDs sometimes

One of my favorite stories about Coogans. Bruins Stanley Cup run in 2011, we went every game. We were 22 and broke but wanted to be in the city. Buddy of mine gave his id to a coworker at the West Roxbury Roches so he could buy booze at Macys. Kid goes in town instead and goes to coogans. We walk up to the door and the bouncer hands my buddy his ID back and tells him “that kid over there tried to get in with this”. He had let the kid in still and my buddy who was going to try and get in with no id. I have only seen them turn away someone with a paper id.

I got out there this morning on my own. Very nice to have groups let me play through, I ended up walking 18 holes in 3 hours which is unheard of on GW. They did a really good job with 12, the tee shot is much less intimidating now because they took some trees out down the right side just off of the tee. Unfortunately missing the fairway to the right is much worse than missing it to the left as I found out today.

Also nice to run into a fellow Refugee on the back nine, he was a single as well and we played the last 6 holes today. I had my NLU hat on and he had the towel on his bag. I’m an idiot and don’t remember his screen name here, but he’ll chime in if he sees this. :wink:

5 Likes

My man! Absolute blast today on that final 6. Although I might have to disagree about 12, as I learned missing left and being blocked out by the lone group of trees there is just as bad as right :joy:

3 Likes

Can I find 2 people to go in with me to bid on this? Auction ends Sunday. Price for the accompanied 3some is 1350 right now.

1 Like

you wanna pay 450 bucks for that??

1 Like

To play the Country Club for less than I paid to play Pebble Beach? I’ve thought about it…

@anon26814599 I think that’s a completely reasonable price. I’ve seen a three-ball there go for more than that in auctions before. Plus I assume most of that money ends up going to the charity/fund that secured the tee time in the first place, which is a good thing.

That course is my white whale. My game is trash at the moment but, sure, I’m in for it.

Fuck it. Count me in.

@TheMassHacker @rjj1986 if you guys are really serious about this, PM me.

And someone bought the thing outright for 2500. My white whale is still out there…

I would be available the Sunday. Doing a 5k on Saturday for Suicide prevention in Brighton.

1 Like

As long as it doesn’t interfere with the Pats I’m down