Roll Call: Massachusetts

Waverly is the best overall public course/playing experience in MA imo.

3 Likes

Had a late drop, so we have openings for this weekendā€™s NIT qualifier at Sandy Burr. If you have been hesitant to join in any Refuge-related shenanigans before, let me say I will give you the comfiest of pairings and you will never meet a finer group of golf sickos.

DM me for details.

2 Likes

George Wright feature is up!

14 Likes

Such a cool surprise. If I could ever get a tee time, GW is a blast. The story about the Mass Am was a surprise too I didnā€™t realize they held it there. The guy that won it played at a high school in our league while I was there. He was pretty darn good back then too so I could see it. Loved the content.

1 Like

Anyone recognize this logo? Not positive itā€™s a Mass/New England club, but found it at a course in Plymouth.

Somewhere in RI. That is the RI state flag on the bottom.

1 Like

Oh yeah it is. I didnā€™t even notice that.

Thanks @TheMassHacker for putting on a great event at Sandy Burr today! Nice to meet a bunch of people today and canā€™t wait for the next one

10 Likes

Agreed. Also, did anyone leave a cobra pitching wedge out there? I picked it up and then forgot to ask at the end.

1 Like

@CongratsOnTheSix are you liking this because itā€™s your wedge?

Haha no - just giving you good vibes to find the owner. I was not there today unfortunately, although you guys got some great weather.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience playing on the Vineyard? Going for the day on Saturday and my son wants to play Farm Neck, but Iā€™m wondering if the logistics are too difficult to make it worthwhile. Any advice is much appreciated.

Was chatting with Cole? (I think) and he was saying the New York roost had something like monthly events. Is that something we do here in Mass or are things like the Skirmish only every once in a while?

2 Likes

We had 3 roost events in our first season this year that @TheMassHacker organized before the Skirmish and some big changes for the 22-23 roost season. Reach out to him to get on the roost email updates. This next season should be even better as far as getting people together for small and big events related to the roost

1 Like

Yeah we had an event every month from April-June. We skipped July since it was the Northeast Regional. They are not all like the Skirmish. Our August event is the biggest since it doubles as an NIT qualifier. Most of the time I do not do merch or lunch, just get a block of tee times. Hope to have something to announce for September/October soon. Yā€™all are on your own for events November-March. That is when I hope to focus on merch, since that fell through the cracks last year.

1 Like

Played there a bunch. Guest tee times may be afternoon only on the weekends, not 100% sure. Another place to check out, though WAY less formal, is Royal & Ancient Chappy Links. Super fun 9 and great views on Chappy. Itā€™s nowhere near FN in terms of condition but a ton of fun and run by great people. T shirts and flip flops vibe, which I personally love.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great option. If the times work, I may try to get there. Thanks.

Anyone want to play George Wright Saturday at 12:30? I have a tee time for 2 and no one to play with at the moment. Fair warning the greens were apparently punched this week, but greens fees are discounted to $40 as a result. I have only played there once, more than a decade ago, but have been looking to get over there for quite a while (before the NLU video). I have a very rare free weekend with my family out of town, was supposed to go to Chicago to play at a friendā€™s club but that fell apart, so I also booked Franklin Park for Sunday and I am making it a muni golf staycation.

2 Likes

Farm Neck is outstanding but is a tough weekend morning tee time during the summer. Royal Chappy is pure enjoyment. Just so much fun.

1 Like

Weekapaug in Westerly

https://www.weekapauggolfclub.com/

2 Likes