Roll Call: Massachusetts

I love OH - great spot. No OB there, you can technically play anywhere on the island if you can find your ball. Homeowners know the drill and in big tourneys have no issue with you playing from the other side of a fence

There is also a well known member who has a beer cooler by his garage door for passers by to grab a beer as they play by.

How do you like the NextGen tour?

Looking to see if anybody has any recommendations for a place to get a new shaft put into a wedge. Have an MD3 that has a shorter and lighter shaft than what I need in it. Cheers!

Checking in here from Boston, and a fresh new young member of the inner club at Franklin Park! Would love to get out at either George Wright or William Devine with any of y’all.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about the Golf Club Factory in Canton. Also, there is Joe and Leigh’s in Easton and Golfer’s Warehouse in Braintree or PGA Superstore in Peabody.

1 Like

Those are my 2 regular courses around here. I play mainly during the week, so if you’re up for that, I’d love to meet up for a round.

Just a heads up - Boston golf + social event confirmed for Saturday aug 3. 9 holes at chequessett in the AM, 9 at highlands PM. Post event drinks at beachcomber optional but highly encouraged. All are welcome. Will let everyone know when we figure out price

6 Likes

For those close to Boston: Fresh Pond punched their greens on Monday (April 29).

1 Like

Do you play in the events at WD?

No, I don’t. I don’t have the season pass there, and I assume most of the events are on the weekends which is difficult for me.

The Nextgen City Tour is great. The tournies are really great value for what you get and are held at some great courses. There are no membership fees like the Golf Channel Am tour which is nice since that saves like $200. The tournies are competitive which is great, but also a little more relaxed since you play with a partner and also are on a team. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Playing in a scramble for jimmy fund next week at Trulll Brook. Anyone got any info on the course? I hadn’t heard of it before my buddy asked but I also don’t really travel north of the city for golf.

Home course in HS and I played it for the first time in a couple years this past Saturday. Quirky course. Greens are brutal-try to stay below the hole on every hole. You would rather have a 10 footer uphill than a 4 footer downhill. All 4 par 5s are easy to reach in 2-especially in a scramble. 1st and 5th hole are both sharp dogleg left par 4s where you have to it mid-low iron off tee.

One other thing-cartgirls and grill room are CASH ONLY.

1 Like

Played Trull Brook last week for the 3rd time and I have enjoyed more and more each time. 10 is one of my favorite tee shots and the view on 9/18 tees overlooking the course is fantastic.

1 Like

Unsurprising

I will say it was surprising to found in that area. The parking lot is always busy with the locals hanging out so for something to happen there, I am shocked. Had it happen behind 9 or off of 12, I wouldn’t have flinched.

It rained the whole time at Trull Brook but that was a fun track. Got the W too so that made the round a lot more enjoyable. Easy course to access with it being 5 min from 495. If I am up that way again I definitely want to get out there again.

It was past 18 behind the parking lot. I was actually in the group that saw the fire and alerted the staff, so it was really concerning to see this actually come into a story, although it was less than surprising with how wet it’s been… :frowning: .

Our fourth, who stayed behind to chip around, ended up going into the Boston PD yesterday for an interview.

No you’re right, I was going for the cheap joke. I actually really like FP and know the super there, who’s a great dude. The whole thing made me think of that scene from The Departed - When I tell you to dump a body in the mahsh… you dump it IN the mahsh! Not where some guy from JOHN HANCOCK goes every THURSDAY… TO GET A FUCKIN BLOW JOB

1 Like

Tournament for work today out in South Hadley at the Orchards Golf Club. Heard good things, hosted US Women’s Open in 04. Too bad it just started pouring as I pull into the lot.

1 Like