Roll Call: Massachusetts

Another option if you’re a bit limited on time on Saturday morning would be Blue Rock. It is right across the street from Bass River in Yarmouth. 18 hole, par 3 course. You’ll use almost every club in your bag (there is a 260 yard hole), and is typically in good shape (although haven’t played this season)

2 Likes

Love Blue Rock! Played in a league there one summer and it was the most fun I think I’ve had on a golf course

Reporting back after yesterday. Place was awesome. Clubhouse/amenities are unreal. The views are insane. I want to go back and stay in one of the cabins and do 36. Course was solid, I don’t really have anything bad to say. Thought it could have been in my top 5 after the first couple holes but you kind of realize it’s a bit of a one trick pony. Just a million bunkers everywhere. Still very much looking forward to a return trip.

4 Likes

I loved the drivable 4! The mounds in the fairway are insane. 3’s and 5’s were great. I think 13 is my favorite golf hole I’ve ever played.

Just ran down about 40 posts, many talking about the Cape… so is that a yes to 2022 Event… anybody…

4 Likes

Hey a heads up about the Boston Golf & Social + Grueter Golf event at Hooper this Saturday. A few spots left, DM if interested - its gonna be sweet.

Greetings MassHoles,

I’m an Illinoisan Nest Member that will be spending a few days in Boston next week. Sadly, no golf this time around. Me and couple buddies are staying near Bay Village area. Anyone have some restaurant, bar, or activity recommendations in the city? We are definitely seeing a few games at Fenway.

P.S. How fast will I get beat up if I try a shitty Boston accent?

You gotta go to Piccohttps://www.piccoboston.com/

The owner is a golf sicko like the rest of us!

3 Likes

Pizza and Ice Cream place ran by a golf sicko? That will be my first stop!

Lots of good options but by neighborhood I’d say:

South End/Bay Village: South End Buttery, Franklin Cafe, Picco

Fenway: Sweet Cheeks, Timeout Market (food hall with a ton of options and a Trillium brewery location)

North End: Giacomo’s (worth the hype but only if you go at end of night so they don’t try to turn your table), Carmelina’s, Locale, North End Grille (for breakfast)

Back Bay: Buttermilk & Bourbon

2 Likes

Lol, don’t do this!

1 Like

Great suggestions by @astrang! In the south end I’d add Toro. Also, for a truly unique experience go to Jacques’ Cabaret. It’s a drag bar / cabaret show…

3 Likes

Noticed some new faces in this thread recently. This was posted a while ago but we’ve had some drop outs in the last few days, so if you want to put actual names and faces to people and make golf connections with some cool people we have a few open spots at the Northeast NIT qualifier.

1 Like

Mike and Patty’s…small breakfast sandwich shop in Bay Village is a must.

I’d echo the South End recs of Picco and Toro. Toro might be my favorite restaurant in the city. I’d also throw Kava in there too.

3 Likes

Toro is my favorite restaurant in the city. If you want an Italian Enoteca type vibe, Coppa is also really good in the South End.

3 Likes

Plus with COVID, they now have reservations

1 Like

Was in the Berkshires for the first time this weekend. Played CC of Pittsfield on my way to a bach party. Thought the course was very solid. Couple quirky holes but didn’t overdo it other than 1 terrible hole. Anyway, made me want to get back out in that area and play some golf. Taconic has been high on my list for a while. What’s the deal w public tee times? I checked online and on this thread and didn’t get a clear answer. Does it open up after Labor Day or do I just call, have my pro call etc?

2 Likes

I know non-member can get on Taconic weekends after 1pm. I tried to get on earlier but had no luck. Weekdays might have a bit more flexibility. Also check out Waubeeka if you’re headed out that way.

1 Like

Had not heard of Waubeeka. I will check that out. I went straight to the source and called the pro-shop. They confirmed the after 1PM on weekends and holidays. You can just call the shop to book times. Cannot book more than 5 days in advance.

Hit me up when ya wanna play, we can work something out

1 Like