Roll Call: Massachusetts

Tough scene. Played some nice fall golf in RI at Cranston CC yesterday. Course in great shape. No masks needed

Ace of Clubs in Saugus

I’ll echo the recommendation for Ace of Clubs. You’ll walk out of there feeling you were properly fitted and NOT just sold a bill of goods to up his profit. When we were finished, he gave me two options - the better one was like $2K+ for irons, the other was literally a stock set-up for $800. He’s explained the numbers are slightly better on the $2K setup, but not enough for a 12 index to make that much of a difference and steered me towards the $800 setup.

My only criticism is that they don’t carry ALL of the brands that I’d like to hit. On the big OEM side, for instance, he’s missing Ping and Titleist

Damn… what a view

1 Like

Anyone get out this weekend?

9 Likes

Link is broken

Love that course. The new Top Tracer range is a great time, too.

1 Like

Got out for nine on Saturday at the only course we could find available (a rare hat tip to GolfNow): Maynard GC. Pleasantly surprised and had a good time, would play again.

Highlight was this sign on the 7 tee, found ourselves giggling at this to finish the round. Clearly the locals don’t think much of golfers.

2 Likes

I hit Souther’s Marsh too but on Sunday - was a raw morning but a great time. Such a hidden gem. Tons of people sleep on it because it’s not a full par 70.

2 Likes

Walked 18 at Cold Spring Country Club in Belchertown. A friend of mine picked it kind of at random and I was very impressed. Course was in good shape and on a nice piece of property. Would absolutely play there again, most likely with a cart though.

1 Like

Great event. For those who don’t know you should know about https://www.bostongolfandsocial.com/. These outings are a lot of fun and will be even better when we will be able to share beers afterward.

1 Like

Also @FringeLife is a great golf photographer. Check out how sweet I look.

5 Likes

So hypothetically speaking, if someone were to revive a “dead” course, what would you look for in the new course? Would you want the old course revived? A new routing? Different tees?

Had a great weekend at TCC and then OS. Nice way to end out the season. Pics below are from TCC. Lots of fun.

9 Likes

TCC an OS in the same weekend sounds like a great couple of days. I did yard work on Saturday and got out on Sunday morning. It was cool and windy by the water but a lot of fun.

1 Like

9 Likes

Ha! All the pieces fell into place.

Checked my mailbox and found nothing so just guessing the invite got lost in the mail.

1 Like

Anyone in the Boston area looking to play a quick 9 Friday morning? @samfield and I have room for two at Fresh Pond in Cambridge. One spot at 8:40 and one spot at 8:50. Should be a relatively warm morning.

1 Like