Roll Call: Massachusetts

Presidents is… QUIRKY. And weird. And crazy. And silly.

But it is also awesome, and I also highly recommend. Just don’t get upset during the 14-15-16 stretch, because 17 is sick and 18 is a fun little uphill short 3. Also, if you hit the fairway on 7, you are my new hero and I will follow you into battle at the drop of a hat.

4 Likes

You mean 6? 7 is a par 3.

1 Like

I always forget about 7. I do mean 6. Thank ya

How do you usually go about playing 15? That hole is preposterous and I have no idea what the play is

1 Like

Sliced 3 or 5 wood into the lake, drop, 4 iron at the green, hopefully 2 putt or up and down for par

4 Likes

All:

Soliciting interest from New England types in a get-together at Cape Arundel on Oct. 3-4 or 10-11. If you are interested and can abide by the COVID rules, post over in the Maine thread [Roll Call: Maine -Cape Arundel in October signup in post 182]

1 Like

Anyone here have a favorite club repair/build shop, ideally within a half hour drive of Waltham/Lexington? I’ve got some clubhead/shaft swaps, lie/loft adjustments and grip replacements to do and would prefer to go to a local/independent shop. I’m aware of Joe and Leigh’s in Easton but that’s a bit of a hike for me.

There is the Golf Club Factory in Canton. A little less of a hike?

1 Like

Is this place any good?

From the limited work I have had done - repaired a couple shafts and regripped my set (before I learned to do it myself) I have had no complaints. My uncle did his entire fitting session there and was really pleased.

1 Like

I’ll be on Martha’s Vineyard for 3 weeks in October, getting myself out of the hellscape that is currently Los Angeles between COVID & wildfires. I’ll definitely be playing Farm Neck and Mink Meadows on island.

If anyone wants to make the trip over and play let me know. I’d be interested in playing somewhere off island on Cape but won’t have a car.

6 Likes

@JShaw I never used him but had emailed him to do some work and he was kinda a dick about it and I just ended up doing it myself

1 Like

Gonna be up in NH after 10/15 most likely. Either a week or two if anyone is looking to play.

Where in NH?

Southeast, closest town is Rochester

I don’t know the courses in that area, but I would be down for a weekend or weekday round. Work from is the best/worst thing ever.

1 Like

The Fresh Pond pro shop does pretty much any club repair work you could need. Call ahead to confirm though, and call at an off hour, either early early or after 4pm. The phone rings off the hook there during regular business hours.

Otherwise, you’ve got Club Champion in Bedford and Golf Galaxy in Burlington, as I’m sure you’re aware.

1 Like

Finally played Essex on Tuesday. Shot average for myself (I’m a 15 lol) but irons struggled. Smoked the absolute drive of my life down the hill on 18. Put it to 6 inches on 7, made the bird then hit another absolute bomb of a drive on 8 up the hill then down the hill. God what a joy to play that course, especially after working there all summer.

Playing Kernwood on Tuesday. Played it once just after I started playing golf. Any recommendations seeing as how I’m a better player now?

1 Like

I am hoping someone on here can help me out. I am looking for a recommendation of a teacher to take some golf lessons in the north shore area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Phil Cornetta at The Phil Cornetta Golf Academy

1 Like