Roll Call: Maryland

Crab People, if you’re interested in qualifying for the Roost Championship, check out the event thread below for our first qualifier of the season—The Loop at Langston. Pre-registration and voting on dates are both open now.

1 Like

How do I get involved. I’ve been hibernating for a while. I’m ready to get back to being involved!

We are already in the thick of things so unfortunately we don’t have any more spots. But get involved in the WhatsApp chat. We’re getting together all the time for weekend meetups/games.

Sounds good thanks! Realized that post was from Feb, so figured it already might be part way through. Thanks for the whatsapp link i’ll get on that.

1 Like

Room for one more in the WhatsApp? I’m new to the refuge and would love to meet and play with y’all!

1 Like

Always room in the chat! And we are holding alternates for the match play series.

1 Like

BMore peeps- looking for a grass range somewhat close to the Towson area (for public use). Fox hollow has the small side area but they told me it is reserved for only those who have lessons. Apart from driving all the way up to Greystone, or around the beltway to like Waverly Woods or something— am I outta luck?

You could always join Hayfields or BCC (tongue firmly in cheek).

3 Likes

Yeah not many of the public courses offer a grass range. Compass Point in Pasadena will set one up on the weekends I believe. They post turf/range updates on Twitter daily.

1 Like

I haven’t been there (yet… on the list), but does Mountain Branch actually have a grass range? Their website says they do but a friend said it’s been closed the last time he went

That’s one of the few courses I haven’t been too yet so I’m not sure.

I played Mountian Branch last summer and they had the grass range open on a Saturday. Timbers at Troy in Elkridge does have a grass range side but it’s 50/50 when they open the grass side.

1 Like

Waverly might be your closest option

1 Like

Possibility I’m moving to the greater Bethesda area in the coming months.

Any CC’s worth looking into that dont cost a first born?

Do you want the truth or something more hopeful?

3 Likes

Sick

Seriously though, someone in this thread (or on the Whatsapp, feel free to pop in over there) certainly has better/more insight into area club initiations & dues than I do.
My wife plays tennis and our two kids would use a pool a lot so we are looking to make the leap in the next year or two, most likely Argyle, Norbeck, or Manor. My sense is that those three are on the more affordable end of things. Which isn’t saying much considering the alternatives (Chevy Chase Club, Woodmont, Columbia, Congo)

Waverly Woods, Worthington Manor, Blue Mash, and Bulle Rock are all public and all have grass ranges.

Couldn’t find a better place to ask,but are there any good tracks in Dover,DE that would be good for an after work round? Headed there next week for business.

Garrisons Lake in Smyrna - just north of Dover. Jonathan’s Landing is also public. If you can get on - Wild Quail is a fun private course.