Roll Call: Maryland

It’s definitely short. But it has enough variety that I like it. It’s usually in decent shape. When I was in my early 20s, friends would play like 36 a day there just because you could FLY around it on weekdays. I haven’t played it in a few years, but it’s inexpensive and worth a casual play with the understanding that on some holes, it’s more fun to play strategic and hit irons or 3 wood off the tee. It’s a nice walk for sure.

3 Likes

The only time I ever played Hog’s Neck, it was so wet that it ruined my assessment of it. Happy to give it another shot.

The land it was built on wasn’t the greatest so it’s wet a lot of the time when we get any decent amount of rain. When it’s dry it’s really good and the greens besides number one have been in great shape the past couple years and roll really good for a shore course

I agree with this take. It’s got a lot variety and a fun layout. Coming out of 12-14 +3 is a challenge too. But pace of play can be a mess on the weekends, but that’s the same for most courses in the area for that price point.

to be honest just throw pace of play out the window on any course on any weekend. To quote Ricky Bobby’s dad… “if your not first, your last!”

1 Like

This is what I’ve been saying about pine ridge for years. While it’s a blast to try to take the mega line over the trees on 2.9.18, etc. If you opened up some of those corridors it would make it so much better off of the tee, and the views around that place would be best in the area.

3 Likes

Chokepoints are hurting everyone

6 Likes

T’s and P’s

Hopefully you can manage your top clients supply in the next week!

Opening day at Eisenhower might be a little lackluster now

4 Likes

Damnit. I was supposed to pick up my allocation mond… oops. I mean…That stuff is terrible. And it should never be consumed in the company of ladies of the night. You will never be the same.

Playing Musket Ridge for the first time on Tuesday at 2:00. Two open spots if anyone is interested in joining. They aerated Monday and Tuesday last week. They said small holes. Rate is $48 they are calling it a superintendent special. Let me know if your interested in picking up a slot.

Is anyone interested in playing in this persimmons and blades event? If so, I’d be happy to host at my course, or we could find another place to play.

@RobertHunter and I played together last year.

1 Like

Not sure when the greens at Northwest were punched but they are healing up well. Still a lot of top dressing everywhere. We were the first group off after a 30 minute “frost” delay (seemed they were being overly cautious as the tee sheet was fairly light) but by the time we were wrapping up the greens were rolling well and getting quick. 2 more weeks and they’ll be good to go. Fairways were in very good shape. Turf on the tees was spotty. Very walkable. All in all still a very good value.

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/last-thing-you-buiied-pt-2-the-milf-hunter/32264/3838?u=djscokedealer

2 Likes

Playing Bulle Rock today for the first time on a whim. Would you call it a walkable course?

More so than you would expect but it is a slog. Lots of elevation changes. Although when it’s cart paths only I think it’s probably easier to walk.

1 Like

They also have a hilariously stupid no pull cart policy. While it’s not a great course for one, the fact that they cite “course maintenance” as their reason while allowing carts and all other sorts of motorized equipment to drive on the grass is so dumb.

2 Likes

Nothing is as stupid as a “no pull carts” policy on a place that allows carts to leave the path. It’s truly a joke. There is no defense other than they are trying to protect cart revenue but don’t have the balls to outright ban walking.

5 Likes

It’s just one of many dumb things the management has done to turn me off of the place. I used to play there at least 5 times a year but I’ve probably been there twice in the last 4. It’s a shame because I love the layout, especially the 9th hole. But there’s too many other great golf courses around here without that nonsense for me to want to spend money there.

3 Likes

Walkable? Yes. Will your legs be in tough shape when you’re done? Also yes.

2 Likes