Roll Call: Maryland

Huh, never heard of it. First come first serve tee times… that’s interesting.

Yup. Standard operating procedure again today:

Other places in the area seem a little better, not sure what it is about Clustered.

1 Like

Yeah its pretty chill. Not groomed ever, but I feel like it has a lot of character and landscape ups and downs through the woods. A little less woods in the last few years due to some housing development next to it, but still its reasonably priced.

1 Like

The Clustered x-factor is the goose shit. Keeps the place fertilized.

Anyone looking for a game tomorrow morning or saturday? Earlier the better (I’m out of bmore).

Cross-posting this, Rocky P was on fire last night,

5 Likes

Good luck finding anything tomorrow anywhere before like 3pm.

Lol yea, hence the desperate outreach.

1 Like

I think War Admiral’s a little overrated, Man O’War has more hole variety, is usually in better condition and is pretty unique in style. I wish it was firmer so it played more similar to how it’s designed, but I think it’s the better course of the two.

Tier 1: Rum Pointe, Lighthouse Sound, Bayside
Tier 2: Eagle’s Landing, OC - Newport Bay, GR - Man O’War
Tier 3: GR - War Admiral, Ocean Pines, River Run
Tier 4: OC - Seaside, Ocean Resorts

Edit: Typing this out made me realize how few courses are left in the area, RIP Bay Club.

1 Like

If Seaside lost some (a lot) of trees, it would be a much better course. Happy to report that this Fall/Winter and into COVID, we cut down over 200 trees on the property (including Newport Bay). Still a ton left, but a step in the right direction. Tree removal is noticeable on many tee boxes and around specific greens which have been particularly shaded for a long time.

2 Likes

While I think gunpowder is a really cool little gem with probably the lowest priced greens fees for a non 9 hole course in the region… it definitely is quite rough around the edges. It’s more of a course for purely recreational players and those with extreme value in mind. There are some good challenges and it’s a nice oasis in that suburban area, but overall I reserve that course for non-scorekeeping fun rounds.

1 Like

That’s great to hear. I grew up playing Seaside far more than Newport Bay. I don’t hate it, but it’s a very 50’s course. The corridors are narrow, all the greens are similar.

I’ll have to get down there and play when I’m back home in August. It’s been too long since I’ve played either course.

1 Like

Piney is 100 worth the value, but the course is difficult (thick rough, ejection-inducing greens). It’s also very far from pretty much any civilization, but I live in Hampden in the city and it is more than worth the 35 minute drive. It’s a rare case of a private club membership being actually financially worth it**, especially given the current state of jammed up teetimes at all the public tracks

**Edit: “Worth it” is still subjective, but for me, it’s worth it. I was able to take advantage of a reduced rate for being under 35 (they have a graduated dues scale for ages 25-30, 30-35, 35-40), and first year members usually get an extra discount on monthly dues. All in all, it probably costs about as much as joining a Waverly Woods or Blue Mash or the like, and probably even a bit less.

2 Likes

Please let me know when you do! Would be great to get a game with a fellow Refugee

had 2 spots open up for Saturday 7:42a at Compass Point (south/west). If anyone’s interested in joining @jhughes2242 and I, let me know

1 Like

FYI: There’s an orange Clicgear 2.0 on Craigslist in Frederick for a very reasonable amount.

Beautiful morning out at Hog Neck for the first round of our Match Play Tournament. Nice 5 & 4 Victory with a solid 73 on the side

1 Like

Also in stock here:https://www.caddiesshack.com/products/clicgear-golf-3-wheel-push-cart-model-4-0?variant=31651381215285. First I’ve seen in a while, just ordered a silver one. About $40 over std price.

Very surprising that they have them first above all the other sites. Let me know if you actually get it in a timely manner. I’m worried they’re selling them for shipment in September or something.

Will do. They already created the tracking number, so it is a realllll long con if they’re doing that for a few months out.

1 Like

This arrived today - it is legit